Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

75b extended firing pin on a Shadow?

cpa5oh

Does anyone know if the extended firing pin sold by CZ Custom for the 75b (firing pin block) would work in the Shadow (no firing pin block)?

All they have in stock right now is the 75b extended firing pin. My non-gunsmith thinking is that the 75b pin would work in the Shadow but not the other way around (since the 75b pin has the narrowed areas required to deal with the firing pin block.)

Anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks!

Yeah CGW is out of stock for the moment and is going to send me one of his when they are finished.

I've got the SP-01 Shadow with the full length dust cover.

Thanks kneelingatlas! I'll order two of them right now.

Good news. I have 1,000 Shadow Extended FP's on order, 375 have made it through heat treat and shipped out on 2-25, so I should have them back in stock within a few days. These will be Made in the USA to strict quality control standards.

Thank you to all the great customers that have been patient with back orders on these FP's.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news. I have 1,000 Shadow Extended FP's on order, 375 have made it through heat treat and shipped out on 2-25, so I should have them back in stock within a few days. These will be Made in the USA to strict quality control standards.

Thank you to all the great customers that have been patient with back orders on these FP's.

So Dave, With the extended FP what primers are reliable with an 8.5# spring?

So Dave, With the extended FP what primers are reliable with an 8.5# spring?

Not Dave, but I've only had 100% reliability with federal.

My guns are set up with cgw extended firing pins, reduced power fp springs, and the 8.5lb main spring.

Good luck,

Steve