Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Letter from Larry Potterfield

Merlin Orr

Got this e mail a few minutes ago. Thought I would share it.

I don't know about anyone else but my memory is definitely long enough to remember the rip off "people" who are profiteering from the current "shortages." Letter from Larry.....

Dear Valued Customer, In the spring of ‘77, I left the Air Force and moved to Columbia, MO to pursue my dream of running a gun shop. You see, I’d always loved the outdoors; especially shooting and hunting. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve shooting and hunting with my dad and brothers. Then, as an adult, some of my greatest joys have come while shooting and hunting with my wife, my kids, my friends and now my grandkids. I love this industry, I love our way of life and I love serving Customers. Now, our way of life is being challenged like never before and our Customers are responding with a flood of orders. In the 35 years I’ve been in business, I’ve never seen anything like this. We’re monitoring the political environment, our industry’s capabilities and our business on a daily basis and making policy and process changes to better serve Customers. But please understand, while we’re still able to get most orders out the same day they’re placed, you may experience longer than normal wait times on the phone or when you chat with us on the web. Also, it’s taking us a few extra days to respond to emails. Finally, we’re out of a bunch of products I know you want which breaks my heart. And when we do get them in, they rarely spend the night in the building because they’re ordered almost immediately. We’re tirelessly working to get products in the door and out to Customers as fast as we can. But, until supply catches up with demand, we’re having to limit quantities and backorders on certain products. One thing we haven’t done is change our prices because of this surge in demand. Prices do change from time to time as they always have, but we’d never change prices because of something like this. Our pricing strategy is one of the reasons we’ve put quantity limits on certain products. We’ve all seen certain products selling two or three times higher than normal, and MidwayUSA doesn’t want to enable that type of activity. Also, we want to serve as many Customers as possible when we receive high-demand products. If it’s any consolation, none of our Employees can order products with quantity limits (myself included). We’ve all agreed to put Customers first. And that’s the way it’ll always be at MidwayUSA. As always, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers and we’re eternally grateful for your patience and loyalty. Thanks for Your Business!

Got the same E-Mail this AM, Kudos to Midway, Brownell's and Powder Valley, all with the same customer service attitude. Also to any and all companies with the same attitude that I haven't mentioned or don't know of.

+1

I worked for him for two years, I actually like him and enjoy talking to him, he's funny!! his wife is till pissed at me for getting him sloshed on Piña Coladas ten years ago ;)

Got a copy in my inbox and the communication was greatly appreciated.

Wish I could get my A5 buffer too... Oh well, my Dillon order came in earlier than expected. Balance Grashopper, balance.

The only problem I see with their limits is they are often one item or very low on the ammo that while the intentions are good to prevent someone from buying it all to throw it in armslist etc it makes the items almost as expensive after you ship the item as you can't spread the shipping out more than usual.

Edited by EkuJustice