Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Giraud Tool Company case trimmer mod! Simple but effective...

If your one of the lucky people that own a Giraud case trimmer and you reload multiple calibers then you might want to check this out. It's really simple. I was trying to figure out how to make the case trimmer "chamber" into a double jam nut deal so I could change calibers without changing the settings and measuring 4 times. I was about to make a new die body when I measured the thread pitch and diameter. Wowzas it's the same as the reloading dies. I took a spare hornady lock ring and threw it on. Now I don't mind switching between 223, 6.0, 6.5 and 30cal cutting tools! (5.56x45, 6.0mmx47, 243 win, 6.5x47, 7.62x35, 7.62x51, 300 win mag and 338 win mag). Before it was annoying enough for small runs to where I would just use my manual trimmer instead.

No more...

545731_10151497188879669_227684435_n.jpg

After I posted this I talked to a couple other people that shoot more than I do and some had already figured this out. I also talked to Doug of gairud and he said they do offer this but most people want cheaper, not more stuff. This along with a cutting head for each case mouth diameter makes changing quick and simple.