Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slippery Hands!

gdkodiak

climber's chalk ... not the regular rosin bag used by baseball players or the chalk used by weight lifters. this stuff has a special drying agent that keeps your hands dry long enough to run any stage and then some ...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Original posters hands are Not wet. Just slippery. Sounds like dry skin. Some type of lotion i would think applied at night before a match. Corn huskers lotion is good. Working man hands is good stuff not a lotion but might help. They sell it at harbor freight.

I live in Florida, and most of the time I'm drenched in sweat at the range. I tried Talon grips a long time ago, and can't imagine shooting without them. I shoot an XDM. The only issue was that I squeeze so hard the tape on the right side of the grips slip. Believe it or not I actually started using a little JB weld where the edges come together on the blackstrap and wrap it tightly with electrical tape until it dries. I'm getting about 3 or 4 times the life out of my grips now. I'll just sand off the excess material as needed. I'm mot sure how this will work out in the long run, but I'll replace the blackstrap if necessary. After all the money on ammo, and hours and hours of practice, I'll do anything to get as much control as possible. My gun ain't a museum piece, it's a workhorse.

I also recently started using Fast Grip. It also makes a huge difference. The tape makes your strong hand stick the the gun, and the FastGrip makes the fingers of your support hand stick to your strong hand. (As someone mentioned above). I think it's a necessity.

• 2 months later...