Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dot options for slide ride mount

Jesse Tischauser

I'm building an Open pistol for hunting and 3 gun. I am putting the dot on/in the slide to keep it low. I also like the idea of being able to use my standard comp Tac holster from my limited gun for while hunting or 3 gunning. I don't like the race holsters for either purpose.

What dot is hot right now? Fast Fire 3, Delta Point, RMR? I will be hunting with my pistol at night some so I will have a frame mounted light on the gun as well as a head lamp. I'm concerned about washing the dot out with either light.

Whatcha think?

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

A lot of te tactical shooter crowd is running the RMR these days it seems. I'm working on setting one into my STI 45 slide for hunting and HD myself. Seems to do well with the mounted tax rail, at least in experimenting around the house. I got the one with fiber optics, so more ambient light makes the dot brighter at the same time

I got a RMR RM07 adjustable for my XDm compact, its pretty tough, so no need to worry about breaking if its constantly hitting stuff, as demonstrated here:

I had my slide milled and RMR placed in front of my rear suppressor sight. I leave it on my default brightness setting, never turned it off and it's still as bright as it was when I bought it in October.

RMRXDm006.jpg

RMRXDm012.jpg

RMRXDm020.jpg

Edited by vash_241987

I swapped out the old Optima that came on my used open gun for a Deltapoint last spring and have nothing bad to say about it. I didn't have to touch it once all season, it held zero for 6k rounds or so I shot since putting it on, the window is fairly large and the auto brightness has handled things well indoors and out. I do wish I had a manual override for the brightness so I could tweak it just a bit but that's my only complaint. With a good milling job the dot is right where standard post sights would be so there's no large presentation adjustments if you bounce between divisions.