Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home defense

Youngeyes

• 8 months later...

This one reminds me of a local story. For context I should piont out that here (in australia), you need to show a genuine reason to own any firearm, and self or home defense is not considered a reason. In fact it is illegal to use a firearm to defend yourself.

Jim was 78 and retired. He was asleep in bed with his wife when he heard a noise from his back yard at around 2am. He got up and looked out the window and saw 2 men trying to get into his shed. He went to the phone and dialed the police.

A police officer came on the line and Jim explained the problem.

"I'm sorry sir, we don't have any available cars in that area. We won't be able to get there for at least 3 hours."

Jim was slightly shocked by this but nevertheless thanked the officer and hung up the phone.

5 minutes later Jim called the police again;

"Hello, I called earlier to report 2 men breaking into my shed." Jim explained.

"Yes sir, I took that call. " replied the officer.

"Well I just wanted to say not to worry about rushing over. I just shot them both dead so there's no rush."

With 7 minutes there were 6 police cars at Jim's house and they found the 2 men in the shed alive and well, although quite unhappy about being caught.

The officer in charge went to Jim and said;

"I thought you said you shot them?"

"Funny" said Jim, "I thought you said you couldn't get here for at least 3 hours!"

This one reminds me of a local story. For context I should piont out that here (in australia), you need to show a genuine reason to own any firearm, and self or home defense is not considered a reason. In fact it is illegal to use a firearm to defend yourself.

Jim was 78 and retired. He was asleep in bed with his wife when he heard a noise from his back yard at around 2am. He got up and looked out the window and saw 2 men trying to get into his shed. He went to the phone and dialed the police.

A police officer came on the line and Jim explained the problem.

"I'm sorry sir, we don't have any available cars in that area. We won't be able to get there for at least 3 hours."

Jim was slightly shocked by this but nevertheless thanked the officer and hung up the phone.

5 minutes later Jim called the police again;

"Hello, I called earlier to report 2 men breaking into my shed." Jim explained.

"Yes sir, I took that call. " replied the officer.

"Well I just wanted to say not to worry about rushing over. I just shot them both dead so there's no rush."

With 7 minutes there were 6 police cars at Jim's house and they found the 2 men in the shed alive and well, although quite unhappy about being caught.

The officer in charge went to Jim and said;

"I thought you said you shot them?"

"Funny" said Jim, "I thought you said you couldn't get here for at least 3 hours!"

http://snopes.com/crime/safety/response.asp

Done something similar.

I rang the Plod to say that we had an attempted burglary at my shop. "No problem sir, I will give you a case number for your insurance, and we will post some forms out to you for filling in and returning to us, or you can go to the website www.tofeckinglazytoattendamereburglary.com".

My response, "Don't bother, however, ............ I do think you need to know that it is a gun shop!"

It took me less than 8 minutes to get there (15km) all in city. The local boys in blue got there in about 1 minute more than that. 4 cars. Mostly customers of ours too.

Nearly ran out of donuts.

Now go to the Friday Flame War for part 2

• 1 month later...

Per the forum guidelines, posts on gun control are not allowed.

Restricted Content
Politics
Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.
Specifically including (but not limited to):
• USPSA vs IPSC
• IPSC vs IDPA
• STI vs SVI
• Limited 10 vs Limited Division
• This Division vs That Division
• This Government vs That Government
• Gun Control Issues