Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extra power striker springs (XDm question)

Vanniek71

I replaced my stock (and very worn out) recoil spring with Wolff springs. The package came with extra power striker springs.... What exactly do these do?

I've read they reduce lock time, and I have also read they increase trigger pull weight.

Are those both correct?

I haven't installed them yet, wanted to check it out a bit first.

I am going to be doing a trigger job soon, looking for a lighter pull, but if decreasing the lock time is worth it, I can sacrifice a little on trigger weight if lock time is a bigger benefit.

Suggestions? Ideas?

I just swapped the recoil spring myself, and kinda wondering the same thing. I figured one effected the other. Hope someone will reply that knows. You might call springer precision. Bet they know. If ya find out let me know

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Ok I've been scouring the Internet for anything on this (and there isn't a this is what this does type answer anywhere) but from what I can gather is the extra power striker springs are to ensure that you don't have any FTF's from hard primers. It also decreases lock time somewhat. What I can't find is that if you put in an extra power spring if it will or will not increase trigger pull. I have read that reduced power striker springs can reduce trigger pull weight by up to 1 1/2lbs!

I'm going to call Wolff and just ask them.

Yes, normally an extra power striker spring will increase trigger pull. Think about it for a sec, part of the trigger pull on a striker fired pistol is to partially compress and/or release the striker. If there is more weight on that spring, that will be realized in the trigger pull. In the XD pistols, the striker is compressed by the slide on the the forward movement. Since the trigger does work in part to release the striker (slightly different than the Glock and M&P), there would be a little more resistance, but this is minimal in an XD.