Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson ECO?

G34 CORDY

Looking through my CZ magizine and seen the DW ECO, its looks very nice for a CCW gun which Iam on the hunt for. Any of you guys have one, know anything about it or know much about the DW line of 1911's? There are pricey but if its worth it I wouldn't mind to give it a try.

I just got one in 9mm.

Even though it's about the same weight as my M&P's, it shoots VERY soft. 127 ranger +p+ feel almost like minor loads. The 147 HSTs were the most accurate in mine though.

No regrets at all even with the cost.

I've got a CCO and love it. If you take into account the build quality and the parts they use, its one of the best values out there.

I couldn't agree more, Dan Wesson is THE Sweet Spot for 1911's I have a Valor that is beautiful and the ECO is on my very short must have list

Edited by Chef J

Im wearing a cbob right now.

Dw is the highest quality production 1911 out there. They tend to be built tight so they can be finicky (mine wont shoot swc bullets to save its life). But fit and finish and parts quality can't be beat without jumping to a semicuston gun.

• 4 weeks later...

They had a fire at their factory back in November. If you see anything DW that strikes your fancy, buy it! They've been saying the factory should be back on line next month for a couple months now.

My Valor came with a billet single sided safety that is a work of art compared to the Wilson cast ambi version I replaced it with. I keep keep call once a month to get their the DW ambi safety.

• 5 months later...

Funny, I just saw a CCO for sale by me for $1400 And I want it pretty bad. Had a valor that was a total dream to shoot, but when the price if those went up and the 3 gun bug but it got sold. Might trade or sell off some other carry guns to cover the price of that little light weight blaster

I have a CCO and it is a great carry gun. My only complaint was that the safety was sharp as hell. I think they sourced it from Gillette. I changed the safety to a Wilson bulletproof ambi and had Dan Wesson finish the safety in black duty coat to match the gun. That finish is really good for a carry gun. Very good 1911 for the money.

• 2 weeks later...