Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Win auto comp powder

magpulled

Pretty good powder if it's all you can find. Works much better in 9MAJOR than it does in minor/plinking loads from what I have read here. There are softer shooting/ cleaner powders for 9minor but if you can't find them.........

I use it in 9MAJOR and really like it a lot.

Do a search in the 9mm reloading forum. You should find plenty of info on it.

Corey, I presume you're using that in 9mm minor (PF 130 or so).

If so, it's okay, as Sarge said, but it's a slow powder which produces

a lot of gas in large quantity - very good for 9mm major.

But, if that's all you've got, you shouldn't have too much trouble

with it - better than nothing.

Normally, you'd want to faster powder (N320 or WW231) for 9mm minor.

:cheers:

I use 4.8. gr with 135 gr bearcreek bullets in my glock 17 (I have a KKM) barrel. I use them for idpa. They work very well for me. I am going to switch to 231 because it is a little smokey. I was shooting over a car at a match last weekend and I couldn't see the target, that and the sun was in my face. Just my 2 cents

• 10 months later...

Does anyone have loads for a factory flock 17 using this powder, and 124gr falcon hard cast lead? I'm literally setting up for reloading (just waiting on the primer tubes for my used Dillon sdb I bought, and my bullets). Haven't loaded before, my in laws bought ne the wrong powder for Christmas and I can't find anyone to trade with. No powder to be found where I live, 150 miles from Wal-Mart or gun stores.

Hodgdon.com should get you what you need or at least close. They are the only place I have found load data for Autocomp, love this stuff in my 45 very similar to 231. Even looks identical when you pour it out and just takes a slight bit more than 231