Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacing LNL AP bushings with regular threaded adapter

westczek

Has anyone replaced the LNL quick change bushings on the Hornaday LNL AP press with regular threaded adapters (1 1/4-12 to 7/8-14)?

I have had trouble with my sizing die and powder die working thier way out. Also the lugs on the sizing die's bushing is getting a bit chewed up. I have had the press for five years and all is running well, except for this issue.

I do not really use the quick change feature. I ussually reload 600-800 rounds before switching to another caliber and the die hieghts are set by the collar on the die anyway.

Any thoughts?

Westczek

Thanks, DWFAN is correct, this is more than the shim/washer issue. Good to hear it's not just me. I will drop Hornaday an email, they are very good about things like this. However, I was thinking that switching to a traditional threaded bushing might be an improvement for my porposes.

Westczek

Well Hornaday is sending me a replacement. That is the best option... but we're gun guys and gotta think about better ways. A hole drilled through the bushing and insert rim and a simple pin could lock it up nice. I'm hopeful the new insert will solve my problem.

Westczek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Get NEW "O",Rings slightly thicker ones at least for the Powder Measure.

A 22mm X 3mm thick cross section will work on it.

Hornady sent SHIMS to folks, I would just get slightly thicker O-Rings.

Hornady did have a BAD RUN OF PARTS previously,

Bushings, Shell Plates, and replaced them under warranty.

Edited by moonman16