Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black bullets international ? Thoughts

trp

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after bumping into this thread I just ordered 1000 230 grain 45cal round nosers from them.

Thanks to you all another is in the queue. Got to give these a try.

They are black, they have to be good.

I need them for knocking bowling pins around so they need to be special.

I'm on the list fr Bayou Bullets and figured I might as well pick up some BBI's as well. just ordered 500 .45 RN. If nothing else then it's just more to have in the supply since everyone is backordered/sold out. Unfortunately it means more chronographing of rounds to make sure I have the right recipe for major.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that ive Fired a couple hundred of these there ok, my fingers are black when I'm done loading (on 550) and they smoke a little with clays but others than that there fine.

I am currently loading BB Intl 180s in 40. I use N-320 powder and will be switching to Competition Powder. I have not had a problem with smoke. The bullets are much different than they were years ago. The bullets are encapsulated. They do not make your hands dirty and the box they come in does not have any residue in it like they use to. They are also still taking orders and have not gone up on the price. I intend to stay with them when everything is back to normal.

I am currently loading BB Intl 180s in 40. I use N-320 powder and will be switching to Competition Powder. I have not had a problem with smoke. The bullets are much different than they were years ago. The bullets are encapsulated. They do not make your hands dirty and the box they come in does not have any residue in it like they use to. They are also still taking orders and have not gone up on the price. I intend to stay with them when everything is back to normal.

I beg to differ I just got these a few weeks ago and the box is filthy and so where my fingers

Edited by trp

• 1 month later...

I beg to differ I just got these a few weeks ago and the box is filthy and so where my fingers

compared to past orders, it is better with regards to the "dirty" factor

comparing to JHP, is like apples and oranges

I like them and will continue to use them.

Edited by cnote

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a case of the 9mm bullets from BBI to try. I normally shoot cast bullets from Missouri Bullet Co, but wanted to give these a try. Being acoustomed to lead, the smoke from the BBIs doesn't bother me. Chandler recommends WST to minimise the smoke, but I can't tell the difference from those loaded with clays/BE/Promo/Titegroup. I've had zero problems with them and will continue to order them in both 9 & .40.

I've been shooting the 45 -200 gr SWC, small amount of the coating rubs off on my fingers after loading 100 rounds, I see the same thing with lead and jacketed. The bullets are consistent overall and shoot great with both WST and WSF.

Have you contacted BBI about that? Under previous ownership, my first batch of bullets from them were like that, and they replaced them. It's not supposed to be that way, but apparently can be if some part of the coating process doesn't go right.

Have you contacted BBI about that? Under previous ownership, my first batch of bullets from them were like that, and they replaced them. It's not supposed to be that way, but apparently can be if some part of the coating process doesn't go right.

So they sent out a inferior product?

I'm pretty sure the current owner of BBI reads this forum (or at least did before things got crazy), so hopefully he'll be along shortly to comment...but my guess is that when whatever went wrong happens, it's not noticed unless you handle a lot of the bullets or see the inside of a box they've bounced around in for a few hundred miles. With all the manufacturers having enough demand for their product that they're all months backordered, it's not surprising that QC might suffer. I contacted Precision Delta years ago about 9mm bullets with split jackets. They didn't care. Plenty of people want their product...one concerned customer isn't worth the time.

I'm pretty sure the current owner of BBI reads this forum (or at least did before things got crazy), so hopefully he'll be along shortly to comment...but my guess is that when whatever went wrong happens, it's not noticed unless you handle a lot of the bullets or see the inside of a box they've bounced around in for a few hundred miles. With all the manufacturers having enough demand for their product that they're all months backordered, it's not surprising that QC might suffer. I contacted Precision Delta years ago about 9mm bullets with split jackets. They didn't care. Plenty of people want their product...one concerned customer isn't worth the time.

The bullets are fine I've been ushering them without any problems except for them being dirty, some guys are saying there not every box I had is black as well as my fingers when I'm done loading as little as a hundred rounds

And if you think one customer didn't matter I think your wrong

As far as QC should be even more strict in times like now

My fingers are black after loading Zero, Montana gold and BBI.. I got a bullet feeder to fix that issue.Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I just wanted some reviews and I guess I'm spoiled with the bayou bullets, there clean and slick as hell the perfect bullet in my opioion

All the reviews I got seemed to be the opposite of the product I received

I agree with DWFAN, my fingers get dirty whenever I handle any companies products enough. I started using BBI and have been extremely happy so far. I will definately continue to use them.

There's a difference between a bit of bullet lube coming off on your fingers and the moly coating coming off and coating your finger tips. I've had the latter happen, and seen what the inside walls of the boxes look like from bad batches, and from normal batches of BBI or Precision.

That said, the most recent batches of PD 185gr JHP I've gotten were particularly lubey/dirty. I'm guessing because they were rushed through the final tumbling.

There's a difference between a bit of bullet lube coming off on your fingers and the moly coating coming off and coating your finger tips. I've had the latter happen, and seen what the inside walls of the boxes look like from bad batches, and from normal batches of BBI or Precision.

That said, the most recent batches of PD 185gr JHP I've gotten were particularly lubey/dirty. I'm guessing because they were rushed through the final tumbling.

Yes it's the moly that's coming off

Let's talk just a second about the black residue. Molybdenum disulfide is a powder held in an polymer suspension that is thinned by a solvent for application purposes. As the solvent dries and and the material adheres to the surface of the bullet a powdery residue exists. We put a soft sealer over the top of the moly coating to reduce this powdery residue. So does getting some black on your fingers mean that the coating is coming off and not adhered - no. If you look at the bullet and see the silver color of the lead then then coating is not adhered. There will be variation in the processes at times and some batches may have more residue than others. Does this make the bullets defective - no. <br />Are moly coated bullets the same as Bayou - no. Bayou is an epoxy polymerized paint. Donnie makes a great product and I used them before I bought BBI. Yet still my hands turned green after loading several hundred. Did I think that was an issue - no. <br />In summation- I have worked 16-18 hour days 7 days a week for the last 6 months just to keep people who love this sport as much as I do supplied with product that allows them to continue doing what they love to do. We are as much about providing excellence in service as we are product. We work hard to keep our lead times at a minimum : 2-3 weeks with some orders shipping less than a week.Some issues can be product concerns and others are expectation issues. The black residue is an expectation issue. It is going to be there in varying degrees. If you can' t deal it then don't purchase our products as I don't want to sell you something that you are going to be dissatisfied with. My phone number is available on the website if you would like a 1 on 1 discussion. We aim to please but also understand that is not possible in all situations.<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Last bit of a note. The original product from NBL that was replaced was not manufactured under my ownership. It was made by the previous owner. We elected to replace it for him although we weren't under any obligation to. Why? Because it was the right thing to do. <br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Last bit of a note. The original product from NBL that was replaced was not manufactured under my ownership. It was made by the previous owner. We elected to replace it for him although we weren't under any obligation to. Why? Because it was the right thing to do. <br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

I just want you to know I was not complaining about the product they work great, sone people had told me they were very clean bullets on here, I bought them and found that was not the case,

If that's how the bullets are that's how they are not complaining about your product just stating my experience with them

Recap the bullets are great they just made my fingers black if that's normal that's fine

There's a lot of people that use these bullets and are very happy with them including me and we do appreciate you working do hard to try to supply everyone with them as soon ASAP

Mark

Edited by trp

Just ran a sanctioned match and used nothing by BBI. smoked a bit with Bullseye and I was getting residue on my arms. At first I thought it was powder, but it was flakes of the moly coating coming off. This got me a little concerned. When I pulled the barrel I saw no signs of leading. They worked great and were plenty accurate.