Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black bullets international ? Thoughts

trp

Seems like they were bought buy a new owner and the product is of much better quality...?

Any body using there 45 230gr hoping there decent and not to smokie with clays powder, any info would be great I just bought 2000 to tide me over for awhile hopefully I can live with or love them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used them a couple of years ago, flaky, and dirty. Bayou Bullets are none of these. You shoot what you feel good with, and I'll do the same. That's called a Win, Win! :cheers:

That's what I've benn using but it's 8 to 10 weeks back orderd, ill have to try these and see how they run thanks for your thoughts!

I have 6 thousand 230 grain that I will be loading with clays. I plan to have some loaded and do some shooting with them this weekend. This will be my first time with BBI but I have been hearing good things about them since the new owner.

I have 6 thousand 230 grain that I will be loading with clays. I plan to have some loaded and do some shooting with them this weekend. This will be my first time with BBI but I have been hearing good things about them since the new owner.

Great let me know what you think

How they reload, accuracy, smoke, any thing would be great

i got 500 to test and loaded some over the weekend. I got the 9mm 147g flat nose. Loaded them with 3.5g of N320 and they ran 960 thru the chrono. No smoke at all. Will have more info when I can test for accuracy and fouling, but as far shooting clean, I have no complaints.

i got 500 to test and loaded some over the weekend. I got the 9mm 147g flat nose. Loaded them with 3.5g of N320 and they ran 960 thru the chrono. No smoke at all. Will have more info when I can test for accuracy and fouling, but as far shooting clean, I have no complaints.

Where they clean in the box and on your fingers as you loaded them? How about the weight were they consistent?

Where they clean in the box and on your fingers as you loaded them? How about the weight were they consistent?

They shipped fast (had them in 3-4 days) and came in a heavy ziplock bag inside the shipping box. The bag is clean and I did not notice anything on my hands. Just went out to the shop and weighed 40 of them and they were at 147 to 148. Two of the 40 were 149. None were under 147.

I'm halfway through a case of .40 165's loaded with Solo 1000 for practice and some local match ammo. Used to use the BBI 180's in my 5 inch gun from the old owners. I find the accuracy and smoke to be about the same as the 180s I used to use from the old owners of BBI. The 165 bullet uses a newer shape without the lubrication groove (or whatever the hell its called) on the 180 TC bullet. I like the product and will continue to use it. The new BBI's seem to leave less shit in the barrel compared to Precision bullets. Havent tried the green bullets yet.

I used lots of the old BBI's, and have 2 cases of new ready to load. The old did leave a little residue on your hands while loading, the new look much cleaner.

They shoot great, much cleaner than lead and they leave a nice grease ring on the target. An excellent value, and not a long wait to get them.

Although, since you already bought 2000, I wouldnt worry about it. Load 'em and choot 'em. :cheers:

I have shifted to BBI .45 RN to get the shape and moly coating.

They are doing fine so far, no more smoke than any other coated bullet and as accurate as I can tell handheld.

He is setting up for a 135 gr 9mm RN that I will be glad to see. The usual 147 FP is not 100% in one of my guns.

I'm using BBIs exclusively now. Same or less smoke than other molys, pricing is same or less, and delivery times are pre-craziness. Most stuff ships same day, nothing takes longer than a week (as of two days ago). I load my 9mms with Solo and .45s with Clays. Their quality has absolutely gone up under new ownership!

BBI is a shooter owned company and when I spoke with them the other day, they said they are working 16hr days to keep up with demand. That's impressive, and they still offer support to lots of shooters and matches.Again, impressive. Gotta respect a company that puts out a high quality product (that is actually available) and offers so much support to the sport.

I have used the old BBI, and I am currently using the new BBI, and I have also used a bunch of Bayou's (older coating).

I will say up front that I shoot for BBI but I do so for a reason. The old BBI's were kinda smokey, flaked, and you would get some odd shaped bullets. Chandler got new molds, has worked on making the coating better and monitors the consistency. They will smoke a little with some powders as will any coated bullet but with my load it is not noticeable (even when shooting in low light this time of year). They run clean, I am lazy at cleaning my stuff and ran more than a few thousand through my gun before I cleaned it without any build up. Yes your fingers will get a little black while you are loading but my fingers got a little green with the Bayous also.

These are not the same bullets or the same company that BBI was in the past. Chandler is a shooter and keeps that in mind when making and selling his product, to me that makes a difference.

Bayou and BBI are both good products, don't be affraid to try them out and see which meets your needs based on performance and availability.

I wish more of you guys would stop using BBIs. That way I can get more! Best value out there. My guns shoot one hole groups with them. I see some smoke in my vids buts never bothered me while shooting as in I don't notice what is there.

For you guys complaining about a residue while loading what are you doing sucking your thumb while loading lol. Your gonna get lead on your hands from jacketed as well as the brass and primers etc etc.

Chandlers shipping is also top notch. Pay and less than a week you have BBs

Edited by steel1212

I use the 200gr RN with clays 4.0gr at 1.250 and make 168pf out of a spartan. When loading them I have no residue on my hands. While shooting I do not see any smoke, but as said above sure there is in videos!

I bought 500 ea. of 9mm 147 and 45 200 SWC and both were excellent. Consistent quality, no smoke using several different powders, very clean, and the price was competitive. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend BBIs.