Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

March 2nd Tarheel 3-Gun not at DPRC

For those of you looking to get a preview of the Bushmaster Tarheel 3-Gun Challenge, it sounds like we may get a good look the first weekend in March...

http://tarheel3gun.c...d-in-mebane-nc/

The March 2
nd
, 2013, Bushmaster Tarheel 3 Gun Match will NOT BE HELD in Mebane NC…it will be held at
Woody’s Rifle and Hunt Club, 960 Christian Chapel Rd New Hill NC, Google map

This is the same location that the 2013 Bushmaster Tarheel 3 Gun Challenge will be held in April…HINT…HINT… This match will be 7 stages, subsequently the match fee will be $30.00 for non-military and law enforcement and $25.00 for Military and LE (active or retired). You will see rifle out to 250-300 yards. This is a great opportunity to tune up for the Challenge match in April. We will also give away a Bushmaster AR15 Rifle and a Hiper-Fire Trigger system via random drawing at this event.

Sign up for this event will open on Tuesday 2/19/2013 on tarheel3gun.com. The match is limited to 95 competitors.

Is the address correct (960 Christian Chapel Rd New Hill NC)? Looks to be an entrance to an Industrial Park and nothing else around. I'm signed up...just want to make sure I show up at the right spot.

registration usually starts @ 7:30

The round count for this event will be 50 rifle, 100 pistol, 80 shot and 5 slugs. This does not misses. Also note that most rifle shots will be from 75-300 yards.There will be one 30 round shotgun stage.

The lat/long above shows the same location as the address. Do you go past the brick factory and turn right at the entrance into the "McGill Environmental Systems" (as seen in Google maps/satellite). Or is it on that farm a little further west with the three rectangular ponds...or some place else. Any signs? Thanks for any assist.

That was a great match! When they say it's like shooting a major, they aren't kidding. It was extremely well run and the stages were awesome. I was in squad six and the RO's were a lot of fun. They certainly kept things moving, but we were never rushed. Thomas made the match a blast, he must really have a stock pile of ammo, because the speed of his trigger finger would put most open shooters to shame!

A huge thanks to Charles and Steve (and the many others I don't know the names of) who make this whole Tarheel series happen. It was well worth getting up at 3am and driving four hours to shoot this.