Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Gen 4 G17 First time at range

alscott

Took my new G17 to the range for the first time today. I got a Gen3 but really wanted the 4 due to smaller grip and luckily somebody bought it off me and the Gen 4's came in the next week. After I got it I read online about the brass to the face, FTF's, FTE's, etc with Gen 4's and luckily not one issue today. Shot 115 grain Zero and Estate ammo through it and all fed perfectly. Took my new P30 and actually shot better with the G17 for some reason.

Congrats on the new pistol.

Most of the Glock brass to face issues that I've heard of are with Gen 4 Glock 19.

Glad you shoot well with the G17, it's a nice all around pistol. Don't know about you but I almost always shoot well with a new pistol. I think it's because I'm paying more attention so my fundamentals are better.

Dave

I switched from Gen3 17 to Gen4 34, and I love it. I also wanted the smaller grip.

They added a little reinforcement to the guide rod which supposedly stopped some of the issues. But I picked up a Jager guide rod anyway, which allows the same Gen 3 recoil springs. Running great for me.

Edited by DocHolliday1