Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier Help

MikeRush

Here is a video of me shooting CM 99-62 in Limited.

I am just breaking into B Class shooting a G24, and I really want to make A before the end of the year (goal before I start shooting a 2011).

My hit factor was 7.9, with 1 point down, at 3.67 seconds. What I can see in this video is too much movement in the draw and a make up shot on the last popper. I called the shot when the shot broke and fired a makeup before audible confirmation of the miss.

What else am I doing wrong? I feel there are a lot of little things adding up, but if I understand the classifier math correctly 100% on this is more than a second faster than my time. I have a lot of feedback from local shooters on my run n gun stages, but classifiers are so short I get suggestions like shoot faster.

Any advice would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ypbYSyT7A&feature=youtu.be

It's kinda true. You need to shoot faster. A classifier that is short, you have hit your A's and hammer it. Dry fire your draw, it will improve your times in only about 30 days using decreasing par times.start at 1 sec and drop it by .05 till you get to a 0.50. Get Steve Anderson's Dryfire book. The 1st book it the absolute best for classifier improvement. www.andersonshooting.com. Thanks

Edited by a matt

Thanks- I do need to speed it up. I have Steve Anderson's book, it has made a huge difference. I am down to a .7 draw in practice but I am using kydex and not a race holster, with a 6 inch barrel I am not sure how much more I can shave off of my draw. Getting that .7 to come out in matches seems to be my problem haha.

Are my transitions too slow? There was only one paper in this classifier but my splits are slower with the major PF Glock than my major PF single stack.

Thanks again. I know I need to spend more time in the garage with Steve's book and a timer. At the same time I don't want my classification to outrun my match skills. I am not sandbagging, I really want to move up.

On that classifier/ or really closer stacked together targets your splits and transitions should sound the same. So if your spits are .17 then those short trans should be about .17 also. It is never a bad thing to work on faster trans that is where a lot of time can be lost. Splits are measured in 100th of a sec and trans are measured in 10th of a second. Hope that helps. I watched you vid again. Your split and trans sounded the same which is good. On that classifier you should just pull that trigger faster. Lol

Edited by a matt