RippSpeed

first off heres my load :

1.170 OAL

200gr Bear Creek

3.9gr Vihtavuori N320

Winchester Small Rifle

6" = 172PF

5" = 165PF

I recently bought some CCI small pistol and wanted to see if my guns would light them off... And they felt stronger recoil ( feels closer to 180PF or factory ammo )than my loads with winchester small rifle primers... And a couple of rounds actually locked my slide back on my 5" ...

heres a pic of the spent primers... It looks like the firing pin went in there deep is that ok ??? I'm running a dawson hyper drive firing pin ...

these primers were deep seated in my 1050 ... Does these look normal to you ???

8486059479_f493941b0e.jpg

20130218_115051 by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Uh, are you sure those were small pistol? Its kinda hard to see cause the picture doesn't get bigger, but I'm looking at that ring around the primer dimple on the 4th column 2nd row...

Dude that definitely doesn't look right... I can ram 14.5grs of AA#9 behind a 180gr bullet in a 10mm case and my CCI Small pistol primers don't look that bad...

Uh, are you sure those were small pistol? Its kinda hard to see cause the picture doesn't get bigger, but I'm looking at that ring around the primer dimple on the 4th column 2nd row...

Dude that definitely doesn't look right... I can ram 14.5grs of AA#9 behind a 180gr bullet in a 10mm case and my CCI Small pistol primers don't look that bad...

yeah that one had gotten crushed alittle when seating ... my issue is the how deep the firing pin went in ... These are small primers for sure they were out of a un-open 5K box of cci small pistol.

I've never seen winchester small pistol primers have these deep hole from my firing pin

Looks just like I expect them to look. Still round at the sides..... What press are you loading them with? I set my 1050 to flatten the primers that much when I load them....

I load these in my 1050 ... I had to readjust the primer punch when I switched from winchester small rifle to these cci ... as to not crush them

What about the off center hits? Looks like they are all a little off. Take your slide off, remove the firing pin, pop a primer out of a case and put it in the barrel. Put the barrel back into the slide and look through the firing pin hole at a light. see if the primer flash hole (the supposed center of the primer pocket) is lined up with the hole in the breechface. Not that this would cause harder or deeper hits, just that your barrel may either need to be fitted for a little more lockup or it could have been over-fitted to begin with.