Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old Style Dillon Dies

Found on their website. :cheers:

606_t.gif

Posted by: dillon

Posted on: 2008-02-06 at 11:12:49 AM

On size die, only difference is the design of the decapping assembly.

On the seat and crimp dies, old dies are one-piece machining; seat die has a threaded bullet seat stem, with interchangable seat stems.

New style dies have the die interior separate from the threaded outer portion, easily removable for cleaning without unscrewing the die from the toolhead;

seat die has a reversable seat stem held in by a cross pin. Seat depth is adjusted by threading the die up or down, no longer a two-step adjustment.

Edited by Youngeyes

Thanks. I assume that with the old style I screw the seating die down till it almost touches the shell plate....then ajust seating depth by screwing the stem down till I get the desired OAL. I wish I could remember how I used to do it but got too busy with work etc. and haven't used my reloading stuff for a few years.

I am loving the 650 though! Loaded up a couple of thousand 380s and now just finishing my first caliber and primer conversion,

Thanks again!

Padraig

Say, does anyone know if Dillon exchanges the ancient old style for new? I bought my Dillon 45acp and 38/357 dies back around 1993.

I'd like to get my mits on the new design but am not real excited about plunking down that much cash for the improvement.

Of course I'd have to wait half a year before writing them about it. The madness must pass first.

Say, does anyone know if Dillon exchanges the ancient old style for new? I bought my Dillon 45acp and 38/357 dies back around 1993.

I'd like to get my mits on the new design but am not real excited about plunking down that much cash for the improvement.

Of course I'd have to wait half a year before writing them about it. The madness must pass first.

Some people PREFER the old dies. Sell them now while they are HOT! :-)