Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Review of Ghost mag pouches

kita

I was just looking at these on Shootersconnection.com as the price is great. came here to run a search and voila! 1st thread in the section. no room for thumbs between the pouch and the holster is a concern.

The review was on magazine pouches. If you want a holster that allows room for your thumb, I would recommend a dropped offset holster (DOH).

not really interested in bullets out. spent 10 years learning how to 3 finger it the ol skool way. this dog aint trying to learn new tricks at this point. For steel it work fine either way, because I just need them to hold the mags on my belt with no speed reloads.

I wish the adjustment screws were longer or they would come up with a different retention system. On the plus side they fit the wide Safariland belt I wear like a cowgirl because of my wide hips.

I wish the adjustment screws were longer or they would come up with a different retention system. On the plus side they fit the wide Safariland belt I wear like a cowgirl because of my wide hips.

They work great with my CR Speed belt.

There has to be a way to grind off the little "fingers" on the back of the bullets forward pouch, use some washers, get a longer screw, and end up with some space between the pouch and the belt.

I've no use for the bullets forward pouches (I need space between the pouch and the belt,) so I'll experiment tomorrow and post back.

There has to be a way to grind off the little "fingers" on the back of the bullets forward pouch, use some washers, get a longer screw, and end up with some space between the pouch and the belt.

I've no use for the bullets forward pouches (I need space between the pouch and the belt,) so I'll experiment tomorrow and post back.

With before and after pics?

I'll do it over the weekend and I'll try and put up pictures. Not sure who would be interested, though, since most wouldn't want to have to do a bunch of work on gear that they paid for.

I'm actually liking the "bullets out" position more and more. Kind of wondering if the "bullets forward" is just something that carried over from concealed carry needs.

Edited by cpa5oh

I'll do it over the weekend and I'll try and put up pictures. Not sure who would be interested, though, since most wouldn't want to have to do a bunch of work on gear that they paid for.

I'm actually liking the "bullets out" position more and more. Kind of wondering if the "bullets forward" is just something that carried over from concealed carry needs.

...but that's the way it's always been done!

Ben uses bullets out, correct?

Ben uses bullets out, correct?

Affirmative.

I tried to rig something up to allow these pouches to be used bullets forward with space in between the pouch and the belt (so that I can get my hand around the entire mag when I pull from the belt) and I couldn't figure anything out. The part that attaches to the belt has almost a 1" hole that the back of the mag pouch goes into, so I couldn't just use some washers in between the pouch and the belt attachment.

• 2 months later...

I just picked some of these up to try out. Should be here tomorrow. I wanted them specifically for the bullets out mount. Tried Racer pouches and didn't like the way they mounted. Will use the Ghost pouches at least for a while. May end up splurging on some Race Masters in the future.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...