Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best training aids?

STImoore

If you shoot a Glock, the Magic Bullet laser ammo and the Trigger reset kit (GlockStore.com) give you instant feedback and you do not have to rack the slide for every shot. Spendy, yes. Worth it, qualified yes. How much is it worth to know where every shot hit when you dry fire? Downside: You have to replace the entire trigger group when you want to use it. That can get to be a PIA if you do not want to leave it in the gun.

• 3 months later...

If you shoot a Glock, the Magic Bullet laser ammo and the Trigger reset kit (GlockStore.com) give you instant feedback and you do not have to rack the slide for every shot. Spendy, yes. Worth it, qualified yes. How much is it worth to know where every shot hit when you dry fire? Downside: You have to replace the entire trigger group when you want to use it. That can get to be a PIA if you do not want to leave it in the gun.

I'm too lazy to replace the trigger group every time. Either I just dryfire with the standard glock, or I use my practice pistol: SIRT pistol.

Some might claim that if you don't have a Glock, using a SIRT is wasted time. Using the SIRT, you are still focusing on the front sight, and you are still pressing the trigger to the rear without disturbing the alignment of the sights. Everything else is just mechanics.

Bottom line: do the dry practice, get the quality repetitions.

You need to have a strong dry fire program no matter how often you live fire. I live fire 3x/wk and still dry fire 4x/wk as well. Gun handling skills are learned in dry fire not during live fire ...

• 2 weeks later...