Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Outlaw Revo Match Scores

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Results from 3-9-13 Rio Salado Outlaw match.

We had a small turnout due to the short notice and bad weather. 12 shooters with 5.5 shooting a second gun (Rob Leatham wasn't able to finish his 2nd run). It was a predominately steel match as we had rain off and on throughout the day and didn't want to deal with wet paper and resulting scoring problems. We ended up with several illegal stages in trying to ensure that if a 6 shot gun required a standing reload then so did an 8 shot gun.

I'll let Rob give a detailed stage description later, but briefly Stage 1 was a two string classifier with 6 shots freestyle on a distant target, a mandatory reload, the 6 shots strong hand on a closer target. Second string was the same except for weak hand only on the 2nd target. Stage 2 was all steel with 18 poppers scattered around barrels requiring left to right (or right to left) movement to see them all. Stage 3 had a star and four poppers from one box, three medium distance paper from another box, then two 2-paper target arrays and a five paper target array all with no shoots and obscured by barrels and all close to the shooting area. Portions of the five target array could be seen from different positions. Stage 4 had a popper and a paper target off to each side along with 2 plate racks that were completely visible from those side positions as well as from a forward position through a door which also had three paper targets only visible from that forward position.

We did not have any stages with difficult paper shots that may reward a fast MajorC more than a slow Minor A, so that will be the goal for next time. We had the usual brain farts and equipment troubles so don't read too much into any given shooter's results with both guns.

I have edited the results to show capacity and PF for each shooter. One possible interpretation of the results is that on 6 shot neutral stages with either free flowing shooting positions or equal standing reloads, and without the very difficult shots needed to adapt to an 8 shot world, the winner isn't a capacity but just minor over major. I believe Rob will have more thoughts on that subject!

http://www.riopractical.com/text/Outlaw%20Revo%203-9-13%20Final.pdf

Edited by bdpaz

• 2 months later...

Unannounced 8 shot minor triples revolver turnout at a USPSA match!

OK, so going from two to six isn't a massive absolute increase but at last Sunday's USPSA match at Rio we had four people shooting 8 shot Minor revolvers in L10 and one shooting 6 shot major and one (Frank D.) shooting 6 shot minor in Revo. After the official scores were in Pete Carstensen was nice enough to recalculate the results with all revo shooters in Revolver division, which are attached here. I hope to find a simple method to calculate and distribute this alternate scoring, then publicize it to the local revolver crowd and see how it works through the summer.

RMAP 5-19-13 with 8 shot minor Revo.txt

Thanx for the effort, but could not make heads nor tails of it. I sorta sloow that way. rdd

• 3 months later...

We had our first match at Rio Salado Sunday after this announcement five days earlier:

Attention current and wannabe USPSA Revolver shooters

While USPSA Revolver Division may allow 8 shot minor guns in January that is months away so let's use Limited 10 to do it right now at Rio Salado.

Sign up in L10 as Minor if you're shooting an 8 shot gun, and Major or Minor as appropriate if you're using a 6 shooter. Put "Revo" in front of your last name (Brad RevoPerkinson, Frank RevoD'Amato) to identify you as a revolver shooter in the results and do NOT use your USPSA number.

We can't use USPSA numbers with incorrect last names and without them classifiers will not be sent in. If you're a 6 shooter AND want/need Revo classifiers this won't work for you and you'll need to stay in Revolver Division. But if we get the 6 shot people in L10 instead of Revo we'll have all the revolver shooters in one division competing against each other, as it should be!

The results are at http://www.riopractical.com/text/uppl.txt . We had rain that kept some away and we had a few legitimate L10 shooters as they prepare for Nationals. Four of the seven L10 shooters were revo guys. I shot SS as my 627 was going Click more often than Bang, one shooter had someone else sign him up and they put him in Revo (and in the L10 revo group was one rebel who I won't name but whose last name doesn't begin with "S" who had a red dot sight.

I expect better turnout next weekend with good weather and more time for the word to spread.