Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which trigger for Glock?

Tuflehundon

I have been wanting a new trigger for my Glock. So far I have a Zev ejector housing with overtravel adjustment, Ghost 3.5lb connector, extra power trigger spring, reduced power firing pin safety spring, and a 25cent trigger job.

I was looking at an Open Glock the other day and the guy had a custom trigger in his and I really liked it. I have been looking through old threads and most have recommended Vanek Triggers, or Zev Fulcrum triggers. I checked and the Vaneks are all out of stock for the ones I want.

So which trigger should I get? The Fulcrum is the only one other than the Vanek that I have found so far, what other good options are out there?

I will be shooting Limited and eventually building it into an Open gun so don't need to worry about the Production limitations.

Just on the off chance that its possible, but do you have the opportunity to try one of the triggers on your list? Each one has a different set up and feel. It can get pretty expensive to buy a trigger off of our opinions only to find that you hate it.

In my open gun I went from a Fulcrum to a Carver Supersport with the ZEV pad.

Lim gun- GT.com Edge to the same set up on the open gun

Pro gun- Vanek Super, and later on the Super GM and never looked back.

Why did you switch from the Fulcrum to the Craver trigger, other than being sponsered by him? Is there an advatage to the feel of the trigger?

Honestly I don't mind the trigger the way I have it set up now, other than I would like to take out the pretravel as much as I can. I know I also want to add a lightened striker spring to bring the pull weight dawn a little more. The Fulcrum and Carver kits come with that stuff already.

I will likely replace the parts I already have in there and sell those parts to a friend or put them in another Glock that I plan to get once prices are no longer crazy.

Why did you switch from the Fulcrum to the Craver trigger, other than being sponsered by him? Is there an advatage to the feel of the trigger? I emailed obby aboutit a week or so ago and he recommended the Fulcrum basic kit sicne I already had most of the parts installed as is, and it would be a lot cheaper that way. But throw in the extended lightened striker and lower power spring, and the price is right back up there with the price of a full kit.

I don't know anyone that has the trigger set up the way I want to do it. Most of the guys I know that shoot Limited Glocks just changed out spings and connectors and polished thinngs up so they can still shoot in Production if they want by swapping mags and taking out the magwells.

Honestly I don't mind the trigger the way I have it set up now, other than I would like to take out the pretravel as much as I can. I know I also want to add a lightened striker spring to bring the pull weight down a little more. The Fulcrum and Carver kits come with that stuff already.

I will likely replace the parts I already have in there and sell those parts to a friend or put them in another Glock that I plan to get once prices are no longer crazy.

He

Why did you switch from the Fulcrum to the Craver trigger, other than being sponsered by him? Is there an advatage to the feel of the trigger?

Honestly I don't mind the trigger the way I have it set up now, other than I would like to take out the pretravel as much as I can. I know I also want to add a lightened striker spring to bring the pull weight dawn a little more. The Fulcrum and Carver kits come with that stuff already.

He had me test his new trigger late last year and I found it consistently crisp, and comfortably light. I prefer a 2# ish trigger and I just liked it better. I didn't make a request for him to keep the ZEV trigger pad, but he had built the new trigger with it for pre/over travel adjustability, and I like the wider trigger.

He

He had me test his new trigger late last year and I found it consistently crisp, and comfortably light. I prefer a 2# ish trigger and I just liked it better. I didn't make a request for him to keep the ZEV trigger pad, but he had built the new trigger with it for pre/over travel adjustability, and I like the wider trigger.

Is this the kit you have now?

http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/item180518.ctlg

Does it come with the Zev aluminum trigger? If so I may pick that one up. I don't mind paying a little extra for quality.

Like many others, I too went through teh parade of various mods to my G17 trying to find a low cost solution.

I finally gave in and got The Edge Trigger from Glocktriggers.com. WOW!

Mine was 100% drop in and go.

I don't mind paying for quality. It only hurts once.

Edited by Tuflehundon

Fulcrum kit with a Ghost 3.5 Rocket connector, I had the connector on my other Glock and liked how it felt compared to the fulcrom kit..

I think I am going to get the Carver Super Sport UL trigger kit. He uses the Zev trigger pad and and hand fits all of the parts. I'll end up with a 2 - 2 1/2 lb pull. His trigger is only $30 more than the Fulcrum kit, but it comes with more, and it's hand fit. after talking to a couple of people who have his trigger and have used the Fulcrum kit as well, I think it's worth it.

Anyone notice any issues with a difference in their gun's ability to set off all brands of primers with one Glock trigger over another?

That would have more to do with th estriker and striker spring than the rest of the trigger. STandard striker can have issues with light strikes when used with a light striker spring. The skeletonized strikers fix that issue.

Ok thanks. Reason I was asking is because I had a Glock with just the competition spring kit and it was unreliable with anything but federal primers. I got a Vanek trigger and, though it came with 4.5 and 5.0 lb striker springs and an explanation that I might need to use them if I had a light strike problem, I had no light strikes. Sold the gun, regretted it, then bought a 34 and 35 that right now just have the spring kits and Ghost Rockets - haven't shot them much, but they've set off Tula primers (well, had one light strike.) Buddy has a 34 with an Edge trigger...has light strikes all the time. Another buddy has a 34 with a spring kit and home polishing, was having light strikes even after adding a Glockworx lightened striker, swapped in his factory trigger from his 35, and he's having no light strike problems...he thinks the trigger he swapped in is pushing the striker back farther than the one he swapped out. And all I know is that, for me, a lighter trigger keeps me more accurate and less prone to trigger freezing. :cheers: