Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Making C class and taking over a club

Atlgentlegiant

In one month I made the decision to take over a local USPSA club and made C class. I have been shooting USPSA just over a year and working on getting better. I decided to take over the club (GA 022, North Atlanta Action Shooters) to keep it going. RO class in June. I doubt I will ever be a M or GM shooter and I see my place as doing what I can to support the shooting sports as I can. Just trying to do my part! Now to work my way to B!

Thanks. Trust me this was not part of my "grand plan" but I saw a need and acted on it. To me it comes down to keeping the local clubs running, getting as many shooters (new and old) as we can. We have a lot of people who may have bought guns for the first time and we need to give them a chance to use them and learn in a safe way. Like I said, just trying to do my part. I made a decision to step up and do my part. I hope more do this.

Running a club can change the fun into work. But it can be as simple or as complicated as you make it. I recently took over our local IDPA club to keep it running. It can be alot of work, but if you find the right people to help you it makes all the difference in the world.

THE KEY IS PEOPLE! Ask the to take ownership of a stage, design it and build it, get a stats person, get someone to handle sign up and squading. DO NOT under any circumstances try to do it all, it will do you in!

Thank and praise all your help publicly.

Thanks for stepping up. I may never get down your way to shoot, but if everyone of us steeped up to help to their level of capability, we'd have a lot more going on for us.

• 2 weeks later...