Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

open gun holster ?

cecil

Shadyscott: please read "my opinion" and "when properly set up".

Your post does not respect either of these statements or add anything to the relevance or advancement to the OP.

You are entitled to your opinion and so am I, but let us at least try to add something to the post.

Ekuj: Again, In my opinion, the fact that I can still draw the gun from the holster, when I forget to remove the lock is a bonus. To me not being able to remove the gun from the holster without using force/tools if something goes wrong with the holster is not.

Shadyscott: please read "my opinion" and "when properly set up".

Your post does not respect either of these statements or add anything to the relevance or advancement to the OP.

You are entitled to your opinion and so am I, but let us at least try to add something to the post.

Ekuj: Again, In my opinion, the fact that I can still draw the gun from the holster, when I forget to remove the lock is a bonus. To me not being able to remove the gun from the holster without using force/tools if something goes wrong with the holster is not.

Sorry if I was snarky. I was walking out the door when I posted. I have a lot of friends who use the CR Speed and are happy with it until they try something else. I was the same. I started USPSA using a CR speed. If you would like to see my opinion and breakdown of several holsters, I did a pretty extensive review here...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=165294&hl=

I personally abhor a lock that can be defeated. To me, that totally defeats the purpose of a lock. Furthermore, when there are holsters available that allow you to easily unlock the holster during the draw, the "feature" on the CR speed became obsolete. IMO

I picked up a Ghost holster for my Limted Glock used pretty cheap. I really like it. Shot a match with a guy using a CR Speed yesterday. He wasn't to pleased with his and had been looking for a new holster for a while. I traded belts with him for a stage so he could try my holster, and I could try his DAA Race Master mag pouches. He went home and ordered a Ghost holster as soon as the match was over. I'll bebpicking up some race Master mag pouched very soon to.

All of the holsters mentined in this thread are safe, secure, and very well made. Each person is going to have personal preferences. I actually like the DAA Race Master holster better than mine, but could not pass up the price I paid for it being less than 1/4 retail.