Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to walk out of "The English Patient". GF wanted to stay. Unfortunately it was a single movie theater - not a multiplex. Afterwards, I mumbled something to the effect of "The cinematography was great but what exactly was that about?"

Also "Alien vs. Predator" - No matter who wins, you just lost $10 and two hours....

• 2 weeks later...

Many years ago I walked out of Something To Talk About. It was a Julia Roberts film in which she whined a lot about an unfaithful spouse. She was not winning any hearts and minds on that one, especially mine.

More recently I walked out of Zombieland. I do not like the zombie fad to begin with. The film was advertised as a parody. It is, in a way, but it is so amateurishly made and badly acted that I could not sit through it.

• 2 months later...

I'm kind of ashamed to say, but... Gangs of New York.

I ended up falling asleep in the middle of the movie, it was so boring!

But I have seen the whole thing since then and I was embarrassed that I walked out. You just have to get past the boringness of the middle.

Back in high school I worked in a movie theater. A lot of movies you would get a couple walk out for various reasons, always shaking their heads and mumbling to each other, they would look at us with that “I know it’s not your fault that movie sucks, but I’m still pissed” look on their faces.

Hands down though, there was one movie that had so many people walk out of it EVERY night, that we started taking bets on the number. It was so bad that people would actually ask for the manager and ask for their money back. Most would just walk out, but a large number wanted their money back. They never got it, but it was always amusing for us to hear the complaints.

The stinker in question……Raising Arizona.

Only walked out of one movie, I generally check reviews before I spend my money. Movie had good reviews, but when I looked around the theater everybody was a sleep.

Kiss of the Spider Woman

If the topic was ejected DVD, I'd have more to comment on, but it's not. I seldom go to the movies anymore unless it's something that I'm pretty darn sure I want to watch but there have been times in the past when I went more than I do now and the list of crummy movies I've walked out on is too long to recall.

The one movie that I regret to this day NOT walking out on is Taxi Driver. While I won't ever claim that it was a bad movie, it has to be the single most depressing movie I have ever seen. I left the theater wanting to find a truck to run over my foot, just to get that movie off my mind, and my mood didn't change for days. I still hit the remote faster than lightning if I ever come across it on TV.

We went to the IMAX to see Oblivion. Now there is usually a line for the IMAX as it only seats 478 people. First come, first seated. I make all the plans. Buy tickets online. Leave the house with the wife and both sons in tow. We get there and SURPRISE there is no line. In fact, when the movie started, there were only seven (yep, that's right SEVEN) people in the entire theater.

That should have been the big hint. Even with an 80' tall screen and an eardrum breaking sound system, the guy seated 6 rows above / behind us was asleep.

We got so bored that we started naming other movies that they stole scenes from.....

The movie should end up in oblivion.

BC

....Taxi Driver. While I won't ever claim that it was a bad movie, it has to be the single most depressing movie I have ever seen.

You mean you didn't see Precious?

When it was over I wanted to hit myself in the face with a hammer to lighten my mood.

....Taxi Driver. While I won't ever claim that it was a bad movie, it has to be the single most depressing movie I have ever seen.

When it was over I wanted to hit myself in the face with a hammer to lighten my mood.

What in the world possessed you to go see Precious? She must have been pretty good looking.

What in the world possessed you to go see Precious? She must have been pretty good looking.

Twas on a DVD I watched at home

And thank the lord for that. If ever there was a movie that made me want to have a strong drink close at hand...