Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I manage a help desk, for products far less complicated than the Dillon product line. I can assure you that 'just hire someone' isn't a viable answer, as it would take no less than 4 weeks to bring someone up to speed, during which time their existing staff would be crippled by having to train the new guy.

This is a temporary surge in demand, the only thing they can do is give their best shot at it and hope their customers are patient enough to make it through the trying times we live in.

Honestly, if slow customer service is the ONLY bad thing to come out of this for you then you are better off than many! (New York for example.)

Keep in mind that there are a LOT of noobs out there now due to the panic. So the Dillion techs are having to spend more time than normal on a per customer basis.

Think of it as, our troops are being strengthened in numbers, i.e., more reloaders! :)

When I called I did not use the 1 800 number. I was on hold for about 30 minutes when the rep ansered I told him what part was broke and I was told that it would be in the mail.when I called the store where I got the reloader they were to busy to help me. The wait on hold was worth it.

Schultz

Yesterday evening a screw decided to ruin my run by a unauthorized loosening.

The screw that holds that body collar bushing on the connector body collar that is. Result, a broken

tab on that body collar connector assembly.

Sent a email requesting replacment of said body collar.

Upon recepit of canned responce from a robot I decided it would be prudent to afford a repair using epoxy and hex

the offending screw with some Locktite blue.

Follows is the canned response to my email to Dillon:

You're getting this message because we have received your email.

Outgoing emails are currently two weeks behind. We are doing our best to catch up. Please be patient and keep emails to a minimum while we struggle through this extremely busy time. Thanks for helping out.

Our phone system can accept up to thirty callers in the hold Que. After this the Que is full and a phone call gets a busy signal. This volume of incoming calls frequently prevents us from making outside calls. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We're happy to help keep you loading.

Dillon Precision Products, Inc.

TeeHee. Two weeks.

I'd have called but the Epoxy got me high.

I've been in the store a several times over the past few weeks. Each time the shelves were pretty bare and there were 2-3 folks buying presses. The last time one guy was carting out 3 650s. Gale told me that its just nonstop so I'm not surprised its a 2 week wait or the phones are swamped. On the bright side, I was picking up spare decapping pins and they do seem to have plenty of spare parts in stock.

Edited by Dirty Rod

Hey guys, Give them a break. The demand is crazy and they sure can't grab help out of the sky. Someone's got a 650 LESS casefeeder on Gunbroker with a bid of $1200 on it, and you wonder why they can't answer the phone instantly?

Will someone at Dillon please answer the phone!! I've got busy signals for 2 weeks, and if you do get through, no one answers! If you are short handed, hire somebody!

Yelling at them won't make the situation go away.

Dillon is the best company of any kind I have done business with and I can guarantee you they

are doing the best they can and a lot better than most. Give them a break.

I got through last week by phone. I just stuck the phone on speaker and loaded some rounds while waiting.

I ordered my stuff. I was happy, they were happy-------but very busy.

Will someone at Dillon please answer the phone!! I've got busy signals for 2 weeks, and if you do get through, no one answers! If you are short handed, hire somebody!

For f*#k sake have some patience. You aren't the only customer of theirs that needs or wants something RIGHT NOW. Rewind to 2008. That's what's happening. They can't get to your needs because they're busy dealing with 50+ customers ahead of you. Short term labor to handle customer inquiries about "when does my order ship" or "so how long is it going to be" or "what number in line am I" questions is unnecessary. Adults need to grow up.

This is the price you pay for not being prepared for this environment.

For f*#k sake have some patience. You aren't the only customer of theirs that needs or wants something RIGHT NOW. Rewind to 2008. That's what's happening. They can't get to your needs because they're busy dealing with 50+ customers ahead of you. Short term labor to handle customer inquiries about "when does my order ship" or "so how long is it going to be" or "what number in line am I" questions is unnecessary. Adults need to grow up.

This is the price you pay for not being prepared for this environment.

+1 I ordered a couple weeks ago, I wont even think of calling until March has almost passed. Crazy times right now, everyone needs to man up and go with the flow. Now in normal times you could have a valid complaint, but these aint normal times. You could have always bought a spare part for every piece if you don't like holding. :goof: There is always a SS to use while your on hold :cheers: