Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold

TerryO

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so will they take fax and mail in orders or not??

This was posted earlier thread "I got through on the phone asking about my faxed order from Tuesday. The lady on the phone said they are not accepting fax orders and if it came through it probably got tossed. They are only doing orders through the website.

That was about 1:30PM"

Very confusing

Melvin

OK, so will they take fax and mail in orders or not??

This was posted earlier thread "I got through on the phone asking about my faxed order from Tuesday. The lady on the phone said they are not accepting fax orders and if it came through it probably got tossed. They are only doing orders through the website.

That was about 1:30PM"

Very confusing

Melvin

I faxed my MG order last Monday, never got a response but I see that my CC was charged yesterday based on the fax - so up till early last week, it appears as they were still taking faxes. Perhaps now that the new site is somewhat online, they are no longer honoring the faxes.

It seems some people are having luck with Faxes and even online orders and others are not. It may be just be a stock issue and nothing more.

I was able to fax and order online and I was charged for both orders and so far I have 1 tracking number. It looks like there is hope if the product is on the shelf.

Yes, the site is down, completely down, none of the inside links are working at all. As far as I can tell they are the ONLY bullet manufacturer with product and the reloading community is hammering them with more than they can handle. I guess it's a good problem to have, maybe it's time to expand... (like a hollowpoint through jello?)

I sent an order form by snail mail about two weeks ago and they filled it. I was lucky enough to catch their new website up Saturday and ordered another case. Received tracking number and charge to credit card yesterday so it sounds like the second case is on it's way in.

Maybe if you try snail mail if they won't accept fax???

So at what point does someone say hey let's hire more people...?

The problem is when the demand dies down you have to let those people go plus you have to train them up in the short term. The rush needs to last long enough to justify that.

The problem is when the demand dies down you have to let those people go plus you have to train them up in the short term. The rush needs to last long enough to justify that.

Ah! So productivity drops with new hires and costs go up, costs go up paying overtime to everyone and the longer you keep employees working extended hours and more than 5 days a week the more productivity drops and again costs contimue to rise.

I don't know what others would call it; but, I'd call it a vicious circle.

For what? They have X amount of forming machines and they are expensive. They can take out a loan for a new machine expand the building etc. But then what? Demand dies down and they are left holding the bag, machine collecting dust and eating their profit with monthly payments.

Petrov- that makes sense of course. I think what many of us don't understand (at least me) is how much the demand has increased. It hard for us to fathom how much demand is causing backups from ALL the major suppliers.

For what? They have X amount of forming machines and they are expensive. They can take out a loan for a new machine expand the building etc. But then what? Demand dies down and they are left holding the bag, machine collecting dust and eating their profit with monthly payments.

Essentially you know nothing of how to grow a business. As demand comes about, you either adapt (expand production/equipment/etc), or fall by the way side to those that are more willing to see the growth of a company, harness new technology to promote themselves, allow for better e-commerce solutions and are willing to invest in their product/service. Im sure it's just a matter of time before new, smaller, projectile manufacturers are established and in full production.

"But then what? Demand dies down and they are left holding the bag, machine collecting dust and eating their profit with monthly payments." No, if you're expecting your investment to be sitting idle "collecting dust and eating their profit..." then clearly you haven't thought through your vision of the future of your business.

With the advent of 3d printing technologies sitting in the corner waiting for us to adopt, manufactures really need to look towards the future of how business is handled.

And to everyone sending out snail mail orders;

1) What are you sending, a blank check? One would think since the site is still down and the only response I get from email is "online tuesday", where are you getting pricing,

2) I would hope that no one on this forum would think sending their cc number via postal service to be a good idea, right...

By all means, if someone disagrees with what I stated above, prove me wrong, change my mind. This is an open discussion, and I welcome everyones input.

You run a bullet manufacturing company? Do you know for sure that you can afford to pay off those machines? Do you know for sure that the demand will last long enough to pay off those machines?

And I do know about growing a buisness. But my rule #1 is making sure that the machine makes money not loses it.

477443_10151399163195039_1079830674_o.jpg

And uploading random, arbitrary images of large machinery doesn't relate at all to my original point....

Edited by chowellacsbd

And I do know about growing a buisness. But my rule #1 is making sure that the machine makes money not loses it.

477443_10151399163195039_1079830674_o.jpg

And uploading random, arbitrary images of large machinery doesn't relate at all to my original point.

That is not a random piece of machinery, that is my copper wire grinder.

Neither you or me can predict how the bullet market will fair and neither of us have access to Montana Golds books.