Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordering a 650... am I missing anything?

I have reloaded on my dad's rockchucker for about 6 years and I am finally putting together my own setup. I got a rockchucker kit (not installed yet) that has some of the basics I need (scale, manual, also have a tumbler, etc), but there's still basic stuff I need (calipers) in addition to other stuff.

I'm looking to use the 650 mainly for 9mm, and perhaps 223 or other calibers down the road. For now, just 9mm. Here's what I've got in the cart, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything!

- XL650 with 9mm caliber conversion

- Dillon 3 die set for 9mm

- Dillon crimp die

- 650 casefeeder for small pistol

- Strongmount

- Aluminum roller handle

- 650 toolholders with wrench set

- Primer flip tray

- Small primer pickup tubes

- Calipers

- Dillon case lube

- 650 machine maintenance kit

- Ammo boxes

If I'm missing anything that I will need, let me know! I'll be placing the order tomorrow, just wanna get squared away with what all I need. Thanks!

I have reloaded on my dad's rockchucker for about 6 years and I am finally putting together my own setup. I got a rockchucker kit (not installed yet) that has some of the basics I need (scale, manual, also have a tumbler, etc), but there's still basic stuff I need (calipers) in addition to other stuff.

I'm looking to use the 650 mainly for 9mm, and perhaps 223 or other calibers down the road. For now, just 9mm. Here's what I've got in the cart, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything!

- XL650 with 9mm caliber conversion

- Dillon 3 die set for 9mm

- Dillon crimp die

- 650 casefeeder for small pistol

- Strongmount

- Aluminum roller handle

- 650 toolholders with wrench set

- Primer flip tray

- Small primer pickup tubes

- Calipers

- Dillon case lube

- 650 machine maintenance kit

- Ammo boxes

If I'm missing anything that I will need, let me know! I'll be placing the order tomorrow, just wanna get squared away with what all I need. Thanks!

Looks goood so far. Double check the caliber conversion part. I bought my 650 presetup with 9MM and caliber conversion is so you can "convert" (doh!) to another caliber. I bought mine with the .45acp conversion kit. Do yourself a favor and call Dillon directly before you buy. Super nice people and they will make sure your order is correct.

Coach.

Edited by CoachLongShot

1st, you don't need a crimp die...the 3 die set comes with a crimp die

2nd, you need a 9mm adapter/kit for the case feeder...( I don't know if you buy a case feeder with the the whole set up from the get go if it is included.

3rd, you might want to add a bullet tray..

and buy it from Brian...same price with free shipping and supporting this forum.

PM Brian...

Edited by fishpinoy27

If your ordering a 650 in 9mm, you get everything you need press wise in 9mm except for dies. But you may want to look into getting the Powder Check system. It is tough to set up, but it could save your butt in the long run especially if you leave the press setup in a single caliber.

If your ordering a 650 in 9mm, you get everything you need press wise in 9mm except for dies. But you may want to look into getting the Powder Check system. It is tough to set up, but it could save your butt in the long run especially if you leave the press setup in a single caliber.

Thanks! I considered a powder check system, but in a couple months i want to add a bullet feeder which would take its spot. Why should i not get the dies?

Thanks! I considered a powder check system, but in a couple months i want to add a bullet feeder which would take its spot. Why should i not get the dies?

What he means is that some people would want different brand of dies so thats why when you order from dillon, dies are not considered as part of it. you have to order it separate.

What he means is that some people would want different brand of dies so thats why when you order from dillon, dies are not considered as part of it. you have to order it separate.

Thx Fishpinoy27 - Exactly of what I meant.