Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Strength and Recoil Control

DonovanM

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a firm, consistent, neutral grip the sights will return consistently. You can't really control the recoil.

If you handcuff someone to something, are you controlling them because they can't go anywhere?

Bob Vogel has a monster strength grip and I would bet he applies the force in a neutral balanced way.

This make sense to me toothguy and if Bob Vogel can close the #3, he really is a monster! That thing is no joke, I'm about a finger's width away from closing it strong hand, but it feels like a mile...

Bob Vogel has a monster strength grip and I would bet he applies the force in a neutral balanced way.

This make sense to me toothguy and if Bob Vogel can close the #3, he really is a monster! That thing is no joke, I'm about a finger's width away from closing it strong hand, but it feels like a mile...

Have you tried closing it from a deep set? Apparently that's the only way Bob can.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm still working on consistently bringing the sights back on the exact same spot where I started, and at speed. I think mine is a grip issue, but that's another topic.

It was for me, or more specifically a grip neutrality issue.

Word.

Neutrality, especially in the grip and arms, is key. Learn to remember your grip as one, dead still, perfectly neutral feeling.

If you compress the grippers most of the way with your other hand then finish the close with the hand you want to use.

Maybe its a hand size thing, but the close is the hard part for me, I'll try it tonight.

You know what they say about small hands...small feet.

You know what they say about small hands...small feet.

My point was that my hands are big enough to not have to pre-compress the gripper, but I know where your mind is Kita :roflol:

Don't let the picture fool you...

Edited by kneelingatlas

Have you tried closing it from a deep set? Apparently that's the only way Bob can.

I tried the pre setting the gripper with my left hand and it seemed to make it harder??? I guess if you can't get all your fingers around the open gripper it might help, but my strength seems to be starting from the open position.

I did try it up side down like you suggested and found it much harder; I baaarely got the #2 closed.

You closed the #2 upside down?!

Crap, I've got some work to do. :blink:

Ive done it...

Strangely enough it was easier with my weak hand.

Most people use their weak hand for gross motor skills and their strong hand for fine motor skills.

Unless you have short fingers and need to set the gripper, I don't understand the "deep-set" advantage. I've tried it, and not only does it do nothing for me, it may even make it harder to close.