Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

extended striker OR a 4.5 lb trigger spring

cpa5oh

I did a search on this and everything I read revolved around strikers that were lighter or the Jager striker, which as far as I know, isn't available (Jager's website just says "sold out," and I'm pretty sure I saw they were sold out about a year ago when I looked last.)

Are there any options besides Jager for a longer striker? My CZ's run longer firing pins that cost $20...and I have two buddies that shoot Glocks that can't run anything but federal primers reliably.

From what I know, the options for longer strikers are:

- Jager, but I don't know how you can get one of these and what the availability would be should it break (it is lightened)

- Glockworx (@ $80)

Is that all that's available?

As to the trigger spring, I HAD a Vanek trigger in a Glock and it came with a few trigger springs. I think it was a 5.0, a 4.5, and a 4.0. I think I had the 4.5 installed and I had ZERO light strikes with any primer...but I have no idea where you could get the 5.0 and 4.5 springs. Anybody know where they can be purchased? (The competition spring kits all come with 4.0.)

Thanks

Wolff has them in 4#, 4.5#, 5#, 5.5#, 6#. Using the 4# spring with a Jager firing pin and the 4.5# with the OEM firing pin and changing all springs every 10,000 rounds or yearly I never had a light strike using quality factory ammunition.