Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best adjustable rear sight for G34/35

G34 CORDY

I have a G34 and G35 that Iam looking to put adjustable rear sights on, the G34 will be set up for production and the G35 for limited. I had the Warren/Sevigny fixed with the fiber front on my old G34 and liked it but want to try some adjustables. Also converting all of my comp guns to a serrated black front to give that a try to see if I like those better as well. So what sights do you guys recommend?

Edited by G34 CORDY

Dawson.

+1

Dawson, ftw

Have Dawsons on both my 34's ( gen3 & Gen4) Love them. No problems and seem to be very durable as well

Dawson +4

They fit in the standard Glock dovetail and work great. I used mine only for Production 40 minor in my G35, but it worked great.

I've seen many bomar style sights break. So much so that some of my friends are going to a fixed rear sight on their Limited guns (2011 STI)

As far why, I'm not sure; however, based on my research, broken Bmar sights are not uncommon. The common breakage includes cracked top, near the pivot pin, and broken pivot pin.

In regard to the front sight, I use .095 from Dawson and a "hybrid" fiber approach. In short, I keep the mushroom in-set and as small as possible so the lit-up fiber doesn't over-power the precise outline of the sight. In addition, I use automotive paint to black-out the top, exposed portion of the fiber to further tame the brightness. If I want to go all black, I can just paint all exposed fiber, but I really like my hybrid approach. Just enough light-up fiber to quickly see the sight and not so bright to obscure the sight-outline for precise shots.

Infinity (Bomar cut) is working for me so far. Tried and have broken many others.

What is causing them to break or what is breaking?

As far why, I'm not sure; however, based on my research, broken Bmar sights are not uncommon. The common breakage includes cracked top, near the pivot pin, and broken pivot pin.

In regard to the front sight, I use .095 from Dawson and a "hybrid" fiber approach. In short, I keep the mushroom in-set and as small as possible so the lit-up fiber doesn't over-power the precise outline of the sight. In addition, I use automotive paint to black-out the top, exposed portion of the fiber to further tame the brightness. If I want to go all black, I can just paint all exposed fiber, but I really like my hybrid approach. Just enough light-up fiber to quickly see the sight and not so bright to obscure the sight-outline for precise shots.

Infinity (Bomar cut) is working for me so far. Tried and have broken many others.

What is causing them to break or what is breaking?

Thanks, gonna try this. The glow of f.o. sights being too bright are what has kept me away from them. I like color on my sights though and typically paint them myself with fingernail polish. I frost a line on the tops of the rear and then I tape off the front to correspond with the rear and paint. Takes minutes and works great. The reapply isn't too bad, but was wanting something that required no maintenance. I do like the option of paint though 'cause you can change color between stages.

Anyone using the black front

I have one on the G34 that I shoot NRA Action Pistol with. I found that the bright fiber optic made it difficult to see the top of the front sight on real sunny days. That game is all about accuracy out to 50 yards.