Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Midwest Regional ICORE

Great news for midwestern wheelgunners:

Preliminary discussions are in place to bring the ICORE Midwest Regional back to the midwest in 2014!

The ICORE board still has to approve it, but our home club in Ankeny, Iowa has offered to host the match next year. We have a beautiful new range that will be a perfect venue for the match.

Mike, I hope this happens. I've been wanting to shoot an ICORE match for a while.

It's in the works.

The best of all possible worlds is that we can get the Midwest Regional back in the midwest for 2014, and have the guys at Fallon still put on their big match as a special sanctioned event, both with the full support of the ICORE organization.

I'm working with the ICORE leadership on this. Stay tuned.....

I see no reason why it couldn't. Mississippi had the Mississippi cup when they had the southern in Louisiana. I feel that we should invest in ICORE's future at the grassroots level. I have too much on my plate for fallon this year but next year I am focusing on ICORE. I plan on hitting ICORE up big in 2014.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Applications Sent..... Wendy and I will be hauling the 5th wheel there again this year, camping @ range. Anyone east of the Rockies on a budget who wishes to attend feel free to contact me for possible free travel and lodging from Reno airport.

Excited to shoot this one again.

• 2 weeks later...

Midwest Club Activity

From where I live in South Central Missouri it is 400 miles to Oklahoma City, 400 Miles to McAllister OK, and 400 Miles to Des Moines Iowa. Those are the ONLY ICORE Clubs with or about to have ICORE Matches in the Midwest as far as I can tell. Another Club is listed in South Dakota, and it is not holding ICORE matches at this time from what I heard.

Looks like the ICORE Club in North West Arkansas is inactive

Kentucky list a Club on the other end of the state from Missouri.

Looks like all the Illinois Clubs are in the North end of the state.

No Clubs in Tennessee

South Central Missouri should have some elbo room to draw from.

I have been looking at adding ICORE to our monthly match schedule on Sundays following our Saturday Pistol Match. We have a Steel Match one month and a Defensive Pistol Match the next month. Our Club is located in South Central Missouri. I have been asking questions, and getting a few responses back on running an ICORE Match. I have enough figured out to get our feet wet.

I have not figured out the Score-It, scoring program in Excel so far. OR exactly what paperwork in what format gets turned in to ICORE's Office.

I am planning on holding a Trial Non-Sanctioned ICORE Match this coming Sunday 4 August starting a 9 AM. The plan is to have 6 Stages, and keep the round count to around 100. The plan is to have 5 Stages of D-1's, two would be Classifier Stages, and 3 Stages would be Club Designed, and all the Steel on the 6th Stage. This will give us a chance to see how scoring works, etc.

Big Piney Sportsman's Club

18012 Highway B

Houston Missouri 65483

http://www.bigpineysportsmansclub.com/

Bob Roach (417) 457-6248

By the way, I hope you have more shooters than ever in Fallow Nevada this year, and also in the years to come. We need to keep revolver shooting alive and well.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Application sent and accepted, Wendy and I are in!. I again will be hauling the RV over the hill and be staying on the range in my RV. I go through Reno on Friday and will be heading back through Reno Sunday night. If anyone needs a lift Friday from the Reno airport and return Sunday evening. feel free to hit me up. There are also empty beds in our 5th wheel for anyone flying in who wishes to attend on a budget. Would love to see some easterners attend the last ever Midwest Regional West of the Rockies. My house is yours. Come and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Applications Sent..... Wendy and I will be hauling the 5th wheel there again this year, camping @ range. Anyone east of the Rockies on a budget who wishes to attend feel free to contact me for possible free travel and lodging from Reno airport.

Excited to shoot this one again.

Edit:

Change of plans. Holiday Inn Express. I can still pick up anyone in Reno Airport that wishes to attend.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...