Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"New" Division tune up

Nate

With the sunset of the magazine ban and with new rule books to be mailed soon, is it time to tune our new rules to our new (old) laws? Should we make limited 10 a single stack division? Should Production mags be limited to mags shipped with pistols, no matter the capacity? If it is done soon it could be folded into the new rule book. It would give single stack guns a place in our sport that I think they need. I have not looked at the new rule book has it been done? Nate

is it time to tune our new rules to our new (old) laws?

No

Should we make limited 10 a single stack division?

No

Should Production mags be limited to mags shipped with pistols, no matter the capacity?

No

I have not looked at the new rule book has it been done?

No

Guest Larry Cazes

Do a search and you'll find lots of heated debate over this issue. Leave the divisions as they are and don't fix something that is NOT broken. Single stack 1911s are extremely competitive in L10 right now.

How many single stack guns finished in the top 10 at Nationals? Any class winners? How many GM's chose to shoot L10? Did any use single stack? I don't know and am interested. I am guessing that a lot of people who have put off shooting limited and even open will now try it with legal mags available. Maybe we don't need a place for single stack or maybe we do, but I do think it is worthy of discussion. Nate

I am guessing that a lot of people who have put off shooting limited and even open will now try it with legal mags available. Maybe we don't need a place for single stack or maybe we do, but I do think it is worthy of discussion. Nate

Sorry, you're late to the party. This has been discussed to death here already, hence the harsh tones from the other posters.