Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The News

AikiDale

Foiled Burglar Loses Clothes in Tussle

DULUTH, Minn. — A man who allegedly tried to burglarize a home lost his clothes in a scuffle with the 69-year-old homeowner and then tried to streak away before he was arrested.

Wayne and Kathie Boniface returned home from dinner Thursday night at a neighbor's to find the man in their house. Wayne Boniface said the man made the mistake of grabbing his wife.

"As soon as he grabbed my wife, I had him in the kitchen wrestling him to the ground in a headlock and arm-lock," Boniface said.

First, Boniface said, he ripped the man's shirt off. Then, "his head was down over the railing, and in today's world, pants are worn fairly loose. I pulled his pants, and his pants and underpants and shoes came completely off. He was completely nude."

When police asked Boniface if he could identify the suspect, he said: "Oh, yeah. I believe he's the only guy running nude in Duluth."

The 20-year-old man was apprehended about 20 minutes later. He has been charged with two counts of first-degree burglary. The man's name was not released.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Deadly Art from children threatens N.J.:

sourceAP.gifUpdated: 12:01 a.m. ET Oct 21, 2007

DENNIS TOWNSHIP, N.J. - A New Jersey second-grader's drawing of a stick figure shooting a gun has earned him a one-day school suspension.

Seven-year-old Kyle Walker's mom told an The Press newspaper of Atlantic City that her son was suspended for violating the district's zero-tolerance policy on guns. She said her son told her he'd drawn a water pistol.

Kyle gave the picture to another child on the school bus, and that child's parents complained about it to school officials.

If this child misses a full day of gun free indoctrination how can we be sure he won't someday own a full color drawing of a water pistol????

Edited by AikiDale

• 4 weeks later...

Hide your old pills in poo, U.S. government says

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Got some leftover drugs -- the kind that someone else might want to use, such as painkillers or stimulants? Wrap them up in used kitty litter or other pet droppings, the government advises.

pilot program at the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration is looking at ways people can safely dispose of unused prescription drugs that are liable to be abused.

The Food and Drug Administration recommends flushing some of the most dangerous ones down the toilet, including the strong, addictive painkillers oxycodone and fentanyl and stimulants such as methylphenidate.

But environmentalists worry about the effects on fish and amphibians.

On its Web site at http://www.samhsa.gov/rxsafety/, SAMHSA recommends ways to disguise leftover pills.

"Mixing prescription drugs with an undesirable substance, such as used coffee grounds or kitty litter, and putting them in impermeable, nondescript containers, such as empty cans or sealable bags, will further ensure the drugs are not diverted," it says.

Of course some people do not drink coffee. But maybe they have a pet ferret.

"Ferret waste, like nearly any other form of pet waste, can be effectively used to help prevent the abuse of unused prescription drugs," SAMHSA spokesman Mark Weber said.

This news delighted the American Ferret Association.

"The U.S. government declares ferret poop to be an effective weapon against drug abuse," the group said in a statement.

• 2 weeks later...

Donald Duck Must Testify! :surprise:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LOO...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

ROME (AP) -- Tweety may get a chance to take the witness stand and sing like a canary. An Italian court ordered the animated bird, along with Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and his girlfriend Daisy, to testify in a counterfeiting case.

In what lawyers believe was a clerical error worthy of a Looney Tunes cartoon, a court in Naples sent a summons to the characters ordering them to appear Friday in a trial in the southern Italian city, officials said

• 1 month later...

Police: Robber accidentally shoots himself during heist

Published on: 01/16/08

KOKOMO, Ind. (AP) — A man accidentally shot himself in the groin as he was robbing a convenience store Tuesday, police said.

A clerk told police a man carrying a semiautomatic handgun entered the Village Pantry demanding cash and a pack of cigarettes. The clerk put the cash in a bag and as she turned to get the cigarettes, she heard the gun discharge.

Police say surveillance video shows the man shooting himself as he placed the gun in the waistband of his pants. The clerk wasn't injured.

A short time later, police found 25-year-old Derrick Kosch at a home with a gunshot wound to his right testicle and lower left leg.

Kosch was released from the hospital Tuesday and booked into the Howard County jail on a charge of armed robbery, criminal recklessness and battery. He is being held on a $100,000 cash bail. A jail official did not know if he had retained an attorney Wednesday.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay. I'm no rocket scientist but in todays news the government is telling me the spy satellite they are going to shoot down with a missle would be a danger to people if it landed near them. This is because of the danger of inhaling fumes from the fuel on board. It is not necessary to blow it up to destroy the top secret classified high tech equipment on board because that would all be destroyed by the heat of re-entry. Only the fuel would survive the heat of re-entry and be a danger???

And they can say this with a straight face. I'm impressed! :D

Okay. I'm no rocket scientist but in todays news the government is telling me the spy satellite they are going to shoot down with a missle would be a danger to people if it landed near them. This is because of the danger of inhaling fumes from the fuel on board. It is not necessary to blow it up to destroy the top secret classified high tech equipment on board because that would all be destroyed by the heat of re-entry. Only the fuel would survive the heat of re-entry and be a danger???

And they can say this with a straight face. I'm impressed! :D

The claim is that the tank containing the fuel would survive (apparently, Columbia's did and was found intact after it broke up during re-entry). Personally, I think they just want to test a missile and blow some crap up. Of course, they're going to look pretty stupid if the missile misses, since China did it successfully last year at a longer distance.

• 2 weeks later...

This is funny only because I don't play online games. The rest of you should be afraid. Be very afraid. Government spooks are playing World of Warcraft looking for terrorists. :devil:

Apparently those who enjoy the game look forward to playing WOW with a warehouse full of real spys:

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/02/n...ns-spies-w.html

And this just in from the BBC:

Man dies in cake-eating contest An inquest is to be held on a man who died during a contest to see who could eat the most fairy cakes. The man, thought to be from Birmingham, collapsed at a Swansea nightclub during the event at the end of a party to raise funds for an art exhibition.

Police say there are no suspicious circumstances following the incident at the city's Monkey Cafe and Bar early on Friday.

(now I have to google 'fairy cakes')

Complaint: Anger Class Student Hit Woman

ST. PAUL, Minn. — A man on his way to anger management class became angry and struck a woman, authorities said.

Justin John Boudin, 27, pleaded guilty Friday to fifth-degree assault in Ramsey County District Court and can expect to face a sentence for time served in jail, at least 120 days, and probation when he is sentenced May 5, the county attorney's office said.

According to a criminal complaint, Boudin was waiting at a bus stop on Aug. 29 when he accosted a 59-year-old woman and others.

"Why don't you show me some respect?" he allegedly yelled at the woman.

When she took out a cell phone to call police, he hit her in the face, according to the complaint. When a 63-year-old man tried to stop Boudin, Boudin hit him with a blue folder — which fell on the ground — and fled.

Police tracked him down through the folder, which included Boudin's anger management homework and his name, the complaint said.

___

February 29, 2008 - 11:07 p.m. EST

• 2 months later...

This just in: Fat People Responsible for Global Warming!

GENEVA (Reuters) - Obesity contributes to global warming, too.

Obese and overweight people require more fuel to transport them and the food they eat, and the problem will worsen as the population literally swells in size, a team at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine says.

Full (pardon the pun) Article here: Fat and Warm

• 1 month later...