AikiDale

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

I'm okay with St. Paul banning the Easter bunny, some colored eggs and the fake grass from City Hall so as not to offend the non-Christians....really, it's okay. (No, I don't really expect you to believe that....)

I'm even willing to stipulate there might be someone in St. Paul who is not a Lutheran. But just for the record can someone tell me which Christian sect worships the Easter Bunny???? :D

Hoppin' down the Bunny Trail....

They follow Monty Python:

NEW DELHI (AP) - Village elders ordered a Muslim man in eastern India to leave his wife after he accidentally divorced her in his sleep, a news report said Tuesday.

Aftab Ansari uttered the Urdu word for divorce, "talaq," three times in his sleep, prompting his worried wife to discuss the matter with her friends, according to the Press Trust of India news agency.

Under Islamic law, a husband need only say "I divorce you" three times to secure a permanent end to his marriage.

Muslim leaders in the couple's village in West Bengal state found out and decreed that Ansari's unconscious utterances constituted a divorce, PTI reported.

But 30-year-old Ansari said he had no intention of leaving his wife of 11 years.

"I have not given talaq. When I uttered talaq three times I had taken medicines to help me sleep," he was quoted as saying in the report.

The religious leaders said that before remarrying, the couple would have to be apart for at least 100 days and that the wife, Sohela, would also have to spend a night with another man and then be divorced by him.

PTI reported that the couple has been ostracized because of their refusal to abide by the decision of the village leaders.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeh, I caught that story, too. Might SEEM extreme, but something deep in my black little heart said it was pretty much the RIGHT thing. Bear in mind that some parents exercise NO discipline whatsoever, and we all know what happens to the kids when THOSE condtions exist!! Gah!! :angry::angry:

Yeh, I caught that story, too. Might SEEM extreme, but something deep in my black little heart said it was pretty much the RIGHT thing. Bear in mind that some parents exercise NO discipline whatsoever, and we all know what happens to the kids when THOSE condtions exist!! Gah!! :angry::angry:

Yes we do...so lets all do the right thing and grab up the nearest child and spank the hell out of them... :lol::D:P Just on general principal.... ;)

• 1 month later...

Can you imagine carrying a baseball on a bus?

From the London Times:

The Times December 05, 2006

Cricket fan is caught with 'lethal' ball

Alan Hamilton

# Police question City accountant

# 'Hard object' not suitable on Tube

Seeing red: Chris Hurd with the "dangerous" cricket ball

In the hands of Shane Warne, a cricket ball is an offensive weapon. A total of 650 fallen wickets prove it.

Police on a London Underground station thought it was an equally dangerous item in the hands of Chris Hurd, a 28-year-old City accountant who occasionally bowls leg spin for his local team in Belsize Park, North London.

Mr Hurd claimed that he had been merely holding the ball as he rode the escalator at Baker Street station in London when he was stopped by a female British Transport Police officer and subjected to a ten-minute inquisition and allegations that he was carrying “a very hard object”, which he should not have done in public as it was a potentially lethal weapon. He had, he said, taken the ball to work because he planned to watch the opening Ashes Test between England and Australia in a pub with friends later in the evening. Earlier in the day he had been throwing it in the air to strengthen his spin-bowling muscles.

But by the time he got to the station, he said, he was holding it firmly in his hand. He accused the officer of ridiculous overreaction.

“There was a policewoman on the step below me and she was staring at the ball all the way up. As we got to the top she tapped me on the shoulder and said she wanted a word.”

Mr Hurd, who works for Ernst and Young, the accountants, said the officer asked him if he knew he was carring a very hard object and he replied: “Yes, it’s a cricket ball.”

She confiscated the ball while she questioned Mr Hurd for ten minutes, gave him a verbal warning and filled out a stop-and-search report.

“I told her I was only carrying it because the Ashes were about to start and I was very excited. I was wearing a very boring suit and looked every inch the bean-counter I am. It is not as if I was unshaven and looked dangerous. But she was completely humourless and showed no understanding of my excitement,” Mr Hurd said.

“When she let me go and gave me my ball back, she said she was being extremely lenient with me. She failed to realise that I presented no threat whatsoever and I left feeling completely misunderstood.”

Mr Hurd said the encounter had shaken his faith in the police, and had caused him to sympathise with members of ethnic minorities who were subjected to stop-and-searches.

“How can a cricket ball be an offensive weapon? I don’t think it would be anyone’s weapon of choice, and all I was doing was holding it. It wasted ten minutes of time for both of us, and left her with paperwork.”

A spokesman said that British Transport Police had no knowledge of the incident but added: “Though we recognise England need all the help they can get at the moment, we would advise that the escalator is not the place to practise.

“What if the ball was dropped and hit an old lady further down the escalator?

“We would advise passengers to be careful, both for themselves and other people at this busy time. To ensure that the Underground is free of crime and free of the fear of crime, our officers maintain a highly visible presence.”

Obviously this guy wa just asking for trouble. What if somebody had gotten hurt ?? Or worse. :o

Next time he should be more careful and leave anything hard at home. Car keys, briefcase, shoes, pens & pencils. Bowling balls. All potentially lethal weapons.

What was he thinking ???? ;)

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now that I have collected myself off the floor,,having histerical fit of laughter!

The last few posts on this thread... :blink::huh::lol::lol::lol:

And yes global warming has struck us again too...10 inches of snow since last night.

Hey...I live in the DESERT......you know... DRY HOT...BROWN....DESERT.

Cmon it looks like Siberia..WTF. global warming??

Jim :wacko:

• 1 month later...