Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Attaching Walls to Brackets

We use 1/4 inch chipboard for walls and screw them to L-brackets which are staked to the ground. I'd prefer bolting the walls to the brackets but the ground is rather uneven in some areas.

If a wall is by itself, that's not such a problem but if two wall sections are attached, that just doesn't work. In addition, if there are two wall sections, the center leg supports both of them so bolts would not work well anyway. I'm trying to come up with a way to attach the walls that doesn't involve the need for several screw guns.

Options I am NOT considering:

- spend a lot of money

- require 4 people to setup one wall

- use a different type of wall (The walls are all stacked on one side of a shed and you can stack a bunch of plywood in a small space. So, permanently attaching any kind of additional bracket to the wall won't work)

Other than that, I'm open to suggestions. I'm really hoping that someone has found something simple that I have overlooked.

Edited by Graham Smith

We use a roll of double sided Velcro, cut a piece to go around two wall vertical supports...strap two walls together. For stand alone walls, they are held up by the stands we had made by one of the shooters...2x2 inch tube cut to 12 inch length, welded to a 1 inch angle iron with a tab drilled for staking to the ground. Our walls, made out of 2x2 pressure treated lumber, fit right in. See attached.

post-15700-0-92903900-1360602609_thumb.j