Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home built CNC Mill - Gonna make a 1911

StraightUp_OG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mill order has PROCESSED!! Says SHIPPED OH YEAH!!!

Come on 5/5/14!!

From the info I am getting off the comparison chart at LMS on DRO is most mini mills use a X-300mm Y-150mm and Z-250mm. The comparison chart is pretty close except for the X on the Harbor Frieght which says 9" of travel which would roughly work out to another 250mm. The table measurement would allow for a 300mm though. So just go with the 300mm for the X?

Oh and the place I'm looking they are all 20mm longer that these standard measurements.

So respectively it would be 320mm, 170mm and 270mm scales.

Edited by dskinsler83

I've got one if you want to pm me an email addy. I used the .igs file from cncguns.com and converted it with HeeksCad. That's about all I can get Heeks to do lol. I've never used it so I can't speak to how well it transferred. Looks good in MeshCam though.

Im selling some TTS tools if anyone is interested. ER20 holders with collets and some keyless drill chucks. Send me a PM if you want more info. You can never have enough TTS for these machines!

Im selling some TTS tools if anyone is interested. ER20 holders with collets and some keyless drill chucks. Send me a PM if you want more info. You can never have enough TTS for these machines!

Send me a list of what you got , or a few pics....

Edited by GlennRasch

These are they. Non-ATC, looking for $20 each (have a QTY10), also have some collets, and QTY 2 drill chucks, $40 each.

TTS.jpg

TTS2.jpg

Edited by jid2

Darkon is great quality. I have a bunch of their ATC compatible chucks. I would be all over these if they were for ATC. $20 each is a steal. Someone better jump on them.

Edited by LoganbillJ

Won a 45 slide at the Area 2's a few years ago and thought it was time to do something with it before I start cutting a 1911 frame again. So started with the French cut tonight and will do the top serrations this week. The slide was already flat topped and cut for a Novak. This was done using the mill manually.

frenchcut1.jpg

frenchcut2.jpg

What cutter is this?

Blind Hogg's are the instructions I used to learn. They are spot on. Once you do it a few times you will most likely make small improvements to suit your mill and style.

And what is the riddle in the image? Did you make your first cuts with the mill on the striker?