Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shadow broken trigger return spring

RussellM

So , is it common for the trigger return spring to fail? The gun is a bit less than 2 month old Cz custom shadow, but I have dryfired it atleast 1 hour a day since I got it, probably 2k live rounds through it. What do you guys recommend for a replacement, stock, or I see that Cajun Gunworks has one as well. What other spare parts should I have on hand?

Any replacement trigger spring is fine. CZ Custom sells an "improved" one, thought I am not sure if it is indestructible. I replace mine once a year. I also recommend gettign a slide stop, and since you're whipping up an order, get a trigger pin to replace the old one you're punching out, and a replacement recoil spring and hammer spring. Spare mag base if you're using the 19 rounders with plastic.

My Shadow is about the same age and same # of rounds. I broke the pin that holds the trigger and trigger spring while doing Bill Drills. I also dry fired a lot.

Thanks for the additional spare parts to order.

Stuart,

No, the pin broke during live fire. I was shooting Bill Drills in practice and the trigger didn't return after one shot. I noticed the pin had drifted out on the left side so I pulled the slide off and the spring was laying there on it's side. I pulled the pin out out and noticed that it was rough on the right end and too short to go all the way across.

I broke the TRS on my SP01 after about year and a half (some live fire and a lot of dry fire). The replacement part is from CZC, and has been in for over a year. I keep the spring wet.

But I have also had an intermittent problem (of what I believe is the trigger not resetting all the way forward?) after I lower the hammer on a live round. It just happened again yesterday. It's a big surprise when you're in a match, the timer goes off, and the trigger flaps freely on the first target engagement. I think I need to train myself to check the trigger resistance right after I lower the hammer from now on. Or is there something else that is going on with this problem?

I've broken two TRSs in the two years of shooting my CZ (weekly dryfire and 20k live per year). The first was factory. The second was the CZC improved. I've just taken to buying a bunch of them and expecting to replace them. I bought factory since it didn't seem to make much difference either way.

I've also broken a slidestop and an extractor... definitely recommend carrying an extra of those.