Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Questions

Stillife

I recently acquired a very unusual EAA Tanfoglio Witness it's a 9mm gun with a 5.0" slide and barrel that are ported with rear black adjustable target sight and totally fixed front (it looks like it was milled integral to the slide/not removable). The slide reads "Ultra" Model IPSC Approved. I can't find much info on this model designation so I contacted EAA and told them the serial# and they said the gun was imported in 1997 as a Limited Pro 9mm. Needless to say I'm a bit confused.

It is a match quality chamber and quite accurate from a ransom rest but frankly the stock trigger is long, heavy, and wicked gritty and jumpy in both DA and SA. The Henning Flat Trigger System and a EGW hammer/sear seems like a perfect fit to tighten up this gun.

Can I convert it to single action by simply removing the double action interruptor? Or do I need to install the EGW hammer/sear kit to go full SA?

DSC00855.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

DSC00859.jpg

Since you have an old vintage pistol your first task is to figure out if the frame is a "Large" or "Small" frame design. You can do this by measuring the outer dimensions of the magazine that came with the gun. If its a large frame pistol you should be able to use the Henning Flat Trigger kit to make it a SA only setup. This would "Work" but you will still need someone to perform a trigger job on it to make sure all of the trigger components are optimized.

Since you have an old vintage pistol your first task is to figure out if the frame is a "Large" or "Small" frame design. You can do this by measuring the outer dimensions of the magazine that came with the gun. If its a large frame pistol you should be able to use the Henning Flat Trigger kit to make it a SA only setup. This would "Work" but you will still need someone to perform a trigger job on it to make sure all of the trigger components are optimized.

Its a small frame. I think I should be able to do it myself. After 15-20 1911 trigger jobs it cant be funtamentally different. Will the Henning/EGW parts work on a small frame?

Edited by Stillife