Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much lowering ejection port for Open Glock

Robert King

Hombre is right. Email Bobby Carver direct at CarverMounts@MSN.com and the the exact measurements. Its not much at all, but too much can seriously degrade the structural integrity of the slide itself. What type of mount are you looking to put on?

I run an SJC, and I had to lower the port, and file down some areas of the mount itself to get reliability I was happy with. Not to mention some serious ejector tuning. Good luck with your plans!

• 2 weeks later...

Hombre is right. Email Bobby Carver direct at CarverMounts@MSN.com and the the exact measurements. Its not much at all, but too much can seriously degrade the structural integrity of the slide itself. What type of mount are you looking to put on?

I run an SJC, and I had to lower the port, and file down some areas of the mount itself to get reliability I was happy with. Not to mention some serious ejector tuning. Good luck with your plans!

Agreed, I called Bobby before I bought one of his guns and he knows what he is doing for sure.

I had one question and ended up talking to him for about 15 or 20 minutes.

Nothing negative to say here about Carver Customs

The port is typically lowered until it is flat. If you look at the port presently, you will see the bottom of it is sloped upwards on a bevel. It is lowered to the inside point of that bevel & is now flat. Be sure you don't do the millwork from the top but instead do it from the right hand side. The ones I've seen broken were milled down from the top, leaving a square inside corner at the bottom. That is where the cracks occurred. I personally have not seen one that was milled from the side, leaving a rounded corner, break. It may happen but I've not seen it.