Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KWA KZ75 Questions

ardo

OK, got green gas, and the gun is shooting fine in single-action, no more bursts.

However, just like CZinSC's gun, mine is shooting ridiculously high, the POI is about 3-4" above the POA at 6 yards. This is with the hop-up all the way down, moving it up makes it even worse, as expected.

I can't see how this pistol can be used as a training tool for what we do. I feel like an idiot after spending $240 on a toy.

OTOH, I've had some success with my Tanfoglio Limited Custom, after having the cracked slide repaired. I took out the hop-up bracket and wrapped the bucking with plumber's tape, extending the tape over the whole inner barrel. My group size improved by almost 50%, and I no longer get those occasional 'flyers'. I am now getting under 1" group size at 6 yards, with POI being about 3/4" above POA. With 1/4 scale IPSC targets at 6yards, I can live with that.

I have the same Gun! Do you have some pictures of what you did to your tanfoglio to improve your accuracy.

Br tom

Didn't take any pictures, sorry. And plumber's tape didn't live long enough.

I wouldn't mess with the gun unless it is giving you trouble - mine did. I think it was a lemon from the start. In addition to the cracked slide & ripped hop up bucking, the rear sight broke.

Here's what I have at the moment, and it seems to be working - until something breaks again, of course:

1. The hop-up adjustment bracket is out.

2. I used a bit of temperature-cured plastic called Sculpey. Took apart the hop up unit, inserted a drill bit taped with teflon into the inner barrel, and made a cover for the hop-up window. I then baked the whole thing in the oven to have Sculpey cured. Essentially, this covers the hop-up window in the inner barrel & disables the hop up completely - which is exactly what you want at short distances, under 10yards or so. If I were to re-do it today, I would use JB Weld, since plastic is still somewhat flexible after cure.

3. I shaved off the little 'V' on the inside of hop-up rubber then put it back in place, wrapped with a layer of teflon tape, then with dental floss. The floss keeps my ripped bucking from falling apart.

4. Re-assembled the hop up unit, and put some blue LocTite on the screws that hold the hop up together.

After doing these mods I had fired about 700 rounds and the gun is still behaving: group size is about 1" at 6 yards, with POI about 0.5" above POA.

If you decide to do anything similar, google 'R-hop'. This is a mod people do to airsoft sniper rifles.