Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Johnson 3-Gun at Rocky Mountain 2013

Have a good day at work!

I just can't believe is took me over 6 hours to get here yesterday because of the rain and the idiots and now we're going home without shooting! :angry2:

It's still raining and yucky though!

Please everyone stay safe and warm! Those of you in Northern Colorado and Colorado Springs, please be safe!

:wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder...the last Johnson 3-Gun at Rocky Mountain of 2013 is October 12 at the NRAWC.

We are planning to shoot the September match that we missed because of rain and mud.

We will meet out at the YHEC ranges (check for directions at the gate.)

Newbie briefing at 0830 and we will start the shooter's briefing by 0900 and hope to be shooting by 0930. 4 stages, rifle out to 400 yards, 4 slugs. Bring 125 of each rifle and pistol, 60 or so birdshot and you should have ammo to take home... :devil:

Hope to see you there!!

Denise

Im only 2 hours away and have never made one of their matches. I think I will try to make this one

Really!? The Johnson's put on an awesome match! There are several venues I regularly attend, but these are my "must shoot" matches. No question that the Johnson matches are top tier with lots of open terrain, wide variety of shooting skilz and the coolest shooting range in existence. Just as a preparedness thing for the Johnson match: always bring a sling, always bring some slugs and always bring some buckshot. I don't always use them, but I never show up without them. Also, if you are unsure where you are hitting at 400yds, there is a sight in range which goes out to 550.

Im only 2 hours away and have never made one of their matches. I think I will try to make this one

Really!? The Johnson's put on an awesome match! There are several venues I regularly attend, but these are my "must shoot" matches. No question that the Johnson matches are top tier with lots of open terrain, wide variety of shooting skilz and the coolest shooting range in existence. Just as a preparedness thing for the Johnson match: always bring a sling, always bring some slugs and always bring some buckshot. I don't always use them, but I never show up without them. Also, if you are unsure where you are hitting at 400yds, there is a sight in range which goes out to 550.

Man, if I was only 2 hours away from NRAWC you'd never get me away from there...

• 2 weeks later...

It turned out to be a great day with a number of newbies coming to shoot with us!

Thanks to Scott, Taylor and John for leading up the squads.

Thanks to Charlie, Mark, Kelly and...for lending us their pick-ups for tear down!

Congrats to winners: JJ-He-Man Iron, Craig-Open, Taylor-He-Man Scope, John-Limited Scope and Scott-Limited Iron!

That wraps up another year for Johnson 3-Gun at Rocky Mountain!

Hope to see lot's of you for our skills weekend March 22-23, to get ready for 2014 3-Gun!!! You can come to either or both!

Check out: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/ for more information!

Thanks to everyone who came out, worked hard and shot with us!

Denise