Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ CUSTOM OR AKAI SLIDE LIGHTENING?

G34 CORDY

Another one of my picks I need to make, From what I seen the CZ Custom slide lightening is coffin style cuts and Akai cuts are cuts from top to bottom sort of. Which one takes more weight off and is one better than the other? I never had a slide lightened so this is new to me. I would like to get it hard chromed after the work is done but CZ Customs dont do hard chrome but Akai does. I kind of like the look of the Akai cuts better and you dont see many CZ's like that. I could be wrong but from the looks of it the CZ cuts have more metal removed like I said Iam confused about this so some help or input would be great.

Cordy,

The style of cuts is mostly cosmetic, the area of the slide which houses the guide rod is very thick and they can take weight from there too. I guess the question to ask is how much snappier do you want it to be?

Rich at Canyon Creek said 1.8 oz came out of my slide and that amount changed the character of the recoil A LOT! To me it was almost like the difference between the my TS .40 and my 75B in .40: much snappier. Honestly, my first time out with it I though to myself "what did I do to my gun?!?" The slide racker I added put about an ounce back on, so it's snappier than stock, not as snappy as it was; I realize I will most likely feel more comfortable with a snappier gun once my grip strengh and technique improve. Maybe I'll shorten the racker or take it off altogether.

I guess what I'm saying is lighter is not always better, but definetly a change for sure.

That's the problem Iam not sure on the snappy part of it because I haven't played with to many limited guns all of my time in USPSA is in production shooting 9 minor. How does it act stock with a lighter recoil spring then lightened with a lighter spring? Iam nervous to do it and not like it or I might love it. It seems everyone is doing it to there limited guns so it must be worth it right?