Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie from South Africa

Proudprado

Hi,

I'm a new shooter from Johannesburg, South Africa. Did my NSO and classifier for IDPA on Saturday with a Glock 17 Gen 4 and I'm still waiting for the results. I reload (on a Lee Classic Turret) and the shooting bug has bitten me hard. Already planning the next pistol (Glock 17 might win again :yawn: ). I'm looking forward to learning what I can from your forum.

PP

Welcome to the party. If you're from the south you must be a redneck African. How do you say,"Howdy y'all" in African? :D

That has to be one of THE DUMBEST things I have ever read on these forums! Classic!! :roflol: :bow:

Welcome to the party. If you're from the south you must be a redneck African. How do you say,"Howdy y'all" in African? :D

That has to be one of THE DUMBEST things I have ever read on these forums! Classic!! :roflol: :bow:

Hoezit, my broer! :devil:

How is the shooting situation in South Africa?

I'm a newbie, so I cannot really comment. But there are 23 clubs registered with SADPA (IDPA South Africa). There are shoots happening every week and, as I live in Johannesburg, there are almost always a shoot happening close to me. Most of the shooters seems friendly and very welcoming to newbies. So I'm hoping for a good experience.

I have been competing in IPSC in South Africa since 1997. The sport is alive and growing!

IDPA has grown remakably in the last couple of years and IPSC has steadily been gaining ground as well.

We have CR Speed and Frontier bullets situated and developed proudly in SA.

I have just joined IDPA myself and will be doing my NSO and first Classifier this Saturday.

We have some really good shooters in SA and great shooting weather.