Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mil spec lower

usmc1974

I would disagree. Some of the manufactures are more careful then others on being completely square with all the holes.

There is a question of the rear shelf. Some like a low self to accept the rubber tighting plug and some prefer the higher self.

The upper tighting Allen screw is more of non-mil spec lower but some Mfgs still call theirs mil spec with them in it.

All that being said the majority out there are pretty close in and with a set of non rotating pins the trigger hole squareness issue is negated.

While most of the big name brand companies might make thier own recievers, many of the less know brands are all made by better known of company with differant logos on them. Aeroprecision makes alot of lowers with other companies names on them

Only a few companies make their lowers in house. Like 5-10 out of hundreds of manufactures. Of all of the things to consider when putting an AR together the lower is not to high on the list. Pick one you like the emblem on and go with it.

The barrel and BCG are much more important.

There are all different kinds of lowers. Expensive, inexpensive, cheap, cast, billet, and polymer. They are not all the same.

Bigfish right, I think mostly you are just buying the name. I have EA, dpms,bushmaster,C3, doublestar palmetto and hogan. All.look about the same holes all line up. I think it is mostly ego. But I could be wromg

There are all different kinds of lowers. Expensive, inexpensive, cheap, cast, billet, and polymer. They are not all the same.

Bigfish right, I think mostly you are just buying the name. I have EA, dpms,bushmaster,C3, doublestar palmetto and hogan. All.look about the same holes all line up. I think it is mostly ego. But I could be wromg

All Milspec might be similar but all lowers are not the same. There is a HUGE difference between my dpms and noveske. The fit and finish on the noveske is second to none and its a blem! Before all this craziness hit you got what you paid for.

Kurt, you're talking about a guy who once tried quite hard to get me to buy a Mosin-Nagant when he did just because they were $100. His firearms knowledge pre modern day AR is suspect.

I tried to get you to buy it in hopes you would use it in open so I could have a chance to beat you.

Pat