Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

Just wanted to check in to let everyone here know that I submitted some updated info to the www.proamshooting.com webmaster.

The match application will be available on the website the morning of Feb 4th. As usual, the Limited match on Sunday AM will fill quickly. Most likely, the Saturday Limited match will fill, as well. Open division on Sunday has filled before, so anything is possible.

In other words, DON'T DELAY! Unlike most matches, there aren't a lot of no-shows. Last year, only two people who signed up on Sunday AM didn't come (and those slots were filled quickly).

Just FYI, the World Speed Shooting Championship (Steel Challenge) will start up two days after the Pro-Am, so make plans to stick around...you could shoot 6 matches in one week!!!. (Pro-Am Lim, Pro-Am Open, SC Shotgun, SC Rimfire, SC Iron, SC Open)

I hope to see some of you there...if I'm conscious!

Phil

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Registration has been open for about 3 weeks, and Sunday AM is nearly full already! You can see the squad assignments HERE.

The match is only two days before the Steel Challenge. It is my goal to have all of the SCSA stages and practice bays already up, with the Pro-Am stages on the older bays. That will be my humble request to the Universal Shooting Academy, anyway.

I say this every year, but it never seems to do any good. BUT, I'll say it again anyway...Sunday AM will be full within the week, and Sat AM won't be far behind. Don't delay! (I've been told) this match is the most fun event of the year. Maybe I'll be able to shoot it next year. :D

www.proamshooting.com

Is Frostproof the location for this match going forward, or will you evaluate other locations next year? I ask because the range is relatively close to me. Now would be a good opportunity to shoot this match if there's even a small chance it will move next year.

How far is the steel from the shooting area, typically? Is there anything over 20+ yards?

It can be nice for sure. We're bringing 2 families, mine and my sons. Staying a week at the Dude Ranch, lol. Chris and I plan to spend the majority of our time at the range though. We'll see.

---

Just FYI, the World Speed Shooting Championship (Steel Challenge) will start up two days after the Pro-Am, so make plans to stick around...you could shoot 6 matches in one week!!!. (Pro-Am Lim, Pro-Am Open, SC Shotgun, SC Rimfire, SC Iron, SC Open)

----

I didn't know SC had a shotgun catagory, I tried to find more info but didn't see anything on the SC site. Can you point me in the direction for more info on this?

Sunday AM is FULL. Sunday PM is 2/3 full. Squad assignments can be found at www.proamshooting.com.

Saturday will fill quickly once Sunday is gone, so don't wait around!

Phil

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick update:

Amatuer match

SunAM - Full with a short waitlist

Sun PM - 6 slots left

Sat AM - 28 slots left

Sat PM - over half left (50 or so)

Fri AM & PM - plenty left

Pro Match

Only one Open slot left! (Sunday only)

You can find the squad lists at www.proamshooting.com

There are over 100 people who shot the match last year who have not registered yet. I'll be sending them one last reminder email, then deleting them from the 2013 contact list.

We'll see you in Florida!

Phil Strader

Phil Strader

• 2 weeks later...