Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Replacement Springs

Havok7416

Hi everyone!

I was told there might be some guys on here that can help me with my Witness.

I have the Witness .22/.45 and I am looking to get the 10mm and .38 Super longslide conversion kits. I have heard the Witness has problems with the slides and frames cracking so I was looking into Wolff replacement springs. I am not sure if I need them or which ones to buy if I do. Can anyone help me out with this?

http://www.gunspring...ID=1&mID=19#844

Under the section for long slide.

I did the same thing to my 45/22: sold the .45 kit, sold the .22 kit and bought a 10mm long slide conversion in Wonderfinish:

P1000688_zpsdb48a2c5.jpg

It was converted to SAO using the hammer and trigger from a CZ 75 Tactical Sport, it turned out to be a great shooter!

Edited by kneelingatlas

I tell everyone that wants to shoot 10mm and keep their gun in 1 piece to run the Sprinco 2 stage guiderod:

http://www.sprinco.com/recoil.html

I ran a 20lb Wolff but the slide was still hitting the frame and I was getting peening where the guiderod mates to the frame. I started using the Sprinco and everything has been great since.

I run a 20lb spring with the Sprinco and it works good for high energy loads (155gr @ 1350fps).

I'm a sucker for the pinto finishes. Generally, I go for the chromed lower/blued upper look on 1911s...but your chromed upper/blued lower is very nice looking!

Did the conversion require much hand fitting on your gun? I've read that some folks just slap them on and they run flawless, others not so much. I'm not really up on Tanfos, so please forgive my ignorance if this has been asked a thousand times.

Anyway, I'm going to give EAA a call and see what they have in 9mm. Ironically, EAA is only about five miles from me as the crow flies...but that probably won't help! ;)

Slapped it on and shot beautifully!

It's an interesting phenomenon: I have a few small frame Tanfo 9mm barrels and slides I mixed and matched and now the resulting guns shoot better than any of them did to begin with (although I did end up with a compensated compact upper which groups like crap, but I'm workin' on it...).

Edited by kneelingatlas

Thanks for all the info

I called the nice lady at EAA and ordered a 9mm conversion slide/barrel.

They no longer offer the conversions in wonderfinish, only blue.

She didn't know if they had any in stock, but I have my order in and will get it sooner or later.

Hopefully it just slaps in and runs like a champ! ;)

Edited by Bamboo

She said they were no longer available.

If you are interested in one you should call and ask to see if the response is different, and then let us know!