Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Z6i on Wane RAMP with Cmore RTS

cworks

I am currently running a Burris XTR on the Warne RAMP with a Cmore RTS. I am upgrading to a Swarovski Z6i once I get back to the states. I s anybody running this set up? With the XTR I cant run a throw lever because it hits the RTS. Is this a problem with the Z6i? Pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by cworks

You bring up a good point. I would like to run a 2x10 but I like the daylight visible dot on 100yd and even further shots. Personally I haven't got to the point where I fell comfortable or like shooting 100 yards at 1 power. I guess I am spoiled to the ACOG the Army issues. I know people say 10 power will be to much but I can remember shooting a stage that had 10+ pesky poppers at roughly 100 yards. I was borrowing a rifle at the time that was 2x10 (i think) and it was night and day being able to shoot at a higher power.

I run a Z6i 1-6 BRT-I and LD-I with throw levers. Mounted in Spuhr mounts = best!

With Leupold Delta, or Aimpoint Micro.

For some stages, consider you might have targets real close = delta and then further away ? Z6i, no need for the lever, save time. :)

Gotta love the Z6i on 1x and close too though...

3-Spuhr-Interface-2011.JPG

1-Spuhr-Interface-2011.JPG

Edited by 3-Gun Sweden

Keith_zpsfcb976ab.jpg

I think you're good with the Swarovski/Warne RAMP mount combo. Then again, who'd wanna run the same set up that Keith Garcia does? :goof:

Not sure what the C-more would do to the set up. Where are you going to mount it? Near the eyepiece? Near the front base of the mount? I'm assuming since you're worried about the switchlevel hitting it, it's near the eyepiece, but is that your only option? Maybe mount it up a bit further... or maybe it'll just work out for you! I'd love to see some pics of the configuration you figure out!

Edited by GregSmith

Looking at that picture makes me think it will NOT work with the RTS. I do have a JP Scope Mount and their 45* offset rail I could use. But my thermal dissipator and RAMP mount are RED. If I loose the cool guy stuff, I might not be able to shoot very fast.

Edited by cworks

I run a Z6i 1-6 BRT-I and LD-I with throw levers. Mounted in Spuhr mounts = best!

With Leupold Delta, or Aimpoint Micro.

For some stages, consider you might have targets real close = delta and then further away ? Z6i, no need for the lever, save time. :)

Gotta love the Z6i on 1x and close too though...

3-Spuhr-Interface-2011.JPG

1-Spuhr-Interface-2011.JPG

very interesting!

The mount I use. http://www.spuhr.com/Our%20models.html

http://www.spuhr.com/ISMS.html

Check Brownells, they should have them now.

I think the mount is so cool, made me want to own a gun so I could own the mount :devil:

Some more - C More :closedeyes: Swarovskis Z6i (1.7-10x) with C More.

This configuration won the swedish nationals, could have to do with the shooter too...

Yes, the stock is tilted. Not my style, but works for him.

RS-Rifle-2011-TR-001.JPG

Other based on the same principle

RS-Rifle-2011-TR-004.JPG

Sweden, the land of JPs.

RS-Rifle-2011-TR-007.JPG

Edited by 3-Gun Sweden

Latest configuration.

And 26 mm @ 100 m with S&B bulk. Could have been better.

I need to come to your shooting range! Especially during the Alaskan winters!

Well ..... .... Every time I think I have my mind made up, somebody shows me something different! Guess its back to the drawing board. Thank goodness I have a couple months to make my mind up

Edited by cworks

I need to come to your shooting range! Especially during the Alaskan winters!

This is the 1st time I tried this, had to rent it, shooting into a 100 or 200 meter long tunnel.

Excellent for sighting in.

We also have electronic scoring at 300 meter outdoors, with roof. That's pretty nice.

Chose a solution that suits you, not a solution you hvae to suit yourself around.

The C More solution above is not to my liking. I prefer the Aimpoint (can handle more damage, but a bit of tube feeling) or a Deltapoint (more open, more fragible).

Looks like the 2x12 BRH-1 reticle is the closest thing to the 1x6 BRT-1 reticle. I really like the idea of having the holdovers. Am I over looking a reticle similar to these two in the 1.7x10?

Last year I ran a 2.5-10x Vortex BDC/ and a FF2 mrds on a warne mount. IMO 10x is to slow and unneeded unless your looking at making percison shots out to 600. The scope basicly lived on the 5x setting through RM3g and SMM3g. As for the mrds I had a issue with shooting with the sun in my face and setting right behind me, causing me to blow 2 stages at ARF.com3g I now run a T1, dots a little clearer, and more importantly easier to see and find in all light settings.

• 2 months later...

Just a FYI... A Swarovski Z6i mounted on a Warner ramp mount with a Cmore RTS does not work(at the moment). The screws that secure the RTS to the offset picatanny rail hit the scope. I have filed the rear screw down over half way and it still makes contact with the scope. Might have to find a new screw or look at another scope mount.

Why run a Cmore RTS with the Swaro on 1x. Just adds extra weight and no advantage...IMO. If your Swaro has a throw lever...good to go.

I find the side sight to be an advantage on stages where you don't have any movement between target arrays and have to use a lower magnification. On this stage it helped. I started with the scope at 2x before going to the side sight and you can see the rate of fire picked up.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OezTEPDqm5oI am using a fast fire 3 in a Firebird 60 degree off set mount. Love it so far. Only used it once before the Surefire match and it worked out good.JPthreegunrifle_zpse837a5c9.jpg