Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Race holster for Tactical Sport?

G34 CORDY

As some of you know I just bought a TS that I will be using for Limited and need a holster for it. I would like to try a race style holster, I have never owned one before just used a bladetech doh for production. Which race holster for the TS is the best?

+1 on the DAA. I use one for my CzechMate: Slickest coming out of the holster...absolutely no drag; the lock down lever is convenient; and, the lock down is absolutely secure and rigid. I prefer it over my Guga Ribas and my other previous holsters. I have a second block for my 75SA and can change it quickly and with no trouble.

Granted that you do have to fit it to the mechanism, but it's no big deal. And the available tutorial is excellent and clear.

A-G

As a race holster the DAA is the most secure and quickest drawing. If you don't want to use a race holster the BT is nice as well. It will wear the finish on the front of your slide, particularly if you dryfire a lot. It is however more secure than any race holster. I have never seen a dropped gun from one (possible thought) but have seen multiple dropped guns from C class to top dog GM shooters when a gun has become dislodged from a race holster.

As a race holster the DAA is the most secure and quickest drawing. If you don't want to use a race holster the BT is nice as well. It will wear the finish on the front of your slide, particularly if you dryfire a lot. It is however more secure than any race holster. I have never seen a dropped gun from one (possible thought) but have seen multiple dropped guns from C class to top dog GM shooters when a gun has become dislodged from a race holster.

I like the wear on front of my slide. It makes me feel like I'm using my TS enough to get my money's worth out of it :0)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My recommendation is the Double Alpha holster. You can move a more vigorously without dumping the gun on the ground than some of the other designs. It is super smooth. It does take some fiddling to get it set right. You have to be patient with when you set it up. Make sure you loctite the set screws when you get it positiioned where you want it.