Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SBE 2 cycling issue

StjepanK

This is driving me crazy, this gun ran very nice until I made last changes to a lifter, now i get this bellow in pictures. It's pretty much a single shot benelli. I have a new lifter on order.

Any other suggestions other then getting M2?

Thx

post-39918-0-09583300-1359396452_thumb.jpost-39918-0-56016600-1359396474_thumb.j

This is driving me crazy, this gun ran very nice until I made last changes to a lifter, now i get this bellow in pictures. It's pretty much a single shot benelli. I have a new lifter on order.

Any other suggestions other then getting M2?

Thx

post-39918-0-09583300-1359396452_thumb.jpost-39918-0-56016600-1359396474_thumb.j

What did you change?

Are those Winchester "Universal" shells? IF so, have you tried any other variety of shells?

The metal added to extend the length of the lifter could be raising the shell slightly higher in the action and affecting the timing of the action.

Most welded lifters (that work properly) will have a slight downward radius on the tip to accommodate the extra length without raising the shell higher.

Ok, thanks, maybe I will leave welding to the pro's.

I have new lifter on order and will try that. C-rums welds lifters for SBE 2 do you know?

Thx

Yes, he can take care of your SBE lifter.

I liked my C-RUMS M2 lifter so much I had Jeff weld up the lifter on my old SBE hunting gun too. My thumb thanks me.

Edited by GunCat

Will the bolt lock back after shooting the last shell? It almost looks like a power issue. Maybe something else changed while you were modifying the carrier.

Also, your ejection port is on the wrong side. :devil:

Edited by JRicks

Will the bolt lock back after shooting the last shell? It almost looks like a power issue. Maybe something else changed while you were modifying the carrier.

Also, your ejection port is on the wrong side. :devil:

When the new lifter arrives I will put it on without welding it and hopefully will be able to tell what a heck??

I'm runing out of options here folks.

And I love my ejection port right were it is!! :roflol:

did you order a stock lifter or a c-rums lifter for the sbe, I have several stock lifters for sbe's if you don't want to wait for a stock one.

trapr

trapr,

Thanks for the offer, I got my stock lifter yesterday. Today it's on the way to C-rums for modification. I decided not to mess with the gun until professionally welded lifter is in place.

Stefan