Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

*thumb rest [generic]*/scope mount hole location

prebancolt

Is there a place to locate the first hole? Like 0.250" from bottom of frame to center of holes and 0.500" from center of hole to center of takedown pin hole? Sorry to be so technical. I have a mill and if i can be precise and correct, i would like to be. Thanks for the info so far.

I don't think there is any 'hard rule' regarding placement as most of the mounts are going to be different between brands and the slides are going to be cut differently (tri-top vs round, etc.)

For the Y position shim the slide to the cmore (or the mount) to a 'comfortable' gap, for the X position make sure the mount clears the slide release, clamp the mount to the frame and go for it.

Make sure the ejection port has been 'oversized'. I'm sure that Cheely and Cameron and other builders may have some 'magic numbers'.

If you have a mill with DRO should be a piece of cake

The spacing for most scope mounts is .750" on center (serendipity) or as stated above, add another hole in between for .375" on center. I usually install them about .150" from the top of the frame dust cover and .500" forward of the center of the slide stop hole.

It is best to lay it out and then put the mount over it and check the clearence to be sure.

*thumb rest [generic]*

This is off topic, but what does this mean? It would be faster to type 'thumb rest' so I figure there must be a reason?

It happens when one types g.a.s p.e.d.a.l without the periods.

There was a history of a supporter of the maker of the GoGun unit shilling for that product whenever someone would mention a "g.a.s pedal", whether it was that one or any other (like the CR Speed unit). Supposedly "g.a.s pedal" is trademarked by GoGun, so the admins decided to remedy the issue by alleviating the need for the corrective posts whenever "g.a.s pedal" was "misused".

Edited by diehli